𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗥𝗲𝘀𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲

"So you guys are buddies with the Leader and General of the Resistance?" Paimon inquired with sparkling eyes.

"Well, you could say that. Gramps wasn't a very easy person to dislike, especially during his prime. He was once affiliated with the Sangonomiya Family too." Ayumu replied, "After he retired and this whole mess started, he had us provide aid to Watatsumi Island. We've made quite a few friends there."

"Ayumu and Kokomi are certain that they're related." y/n chuckled, "You should see them interact, it's hilarious."

"But we are!" Ayumu protested, then pointed to himself, "Hello??? Pink hair? The eyes? We're definitely related!"

"Whatever you say..." y/n sighed then glanced at Aether who she had stuck close to, "Are you feeling better, Aether?"

"Yep, much better." Aether replied with a nod, "Still hurts a bit but I can actually walk now,so that's good news."

Y/n exhaled quietly, "Thank goodness. A hit from the Shogun is never good news..."

"Take it easy, alright?" Paimon instructed, "You don't wanna get even more hurt than you already have."

Just as Paimon spoke, y/n took notice of the sound of someone crying for help.

"Ayumu. You heard it too?" y/n asked when Ayumu looked a distance away.

He nodded, "Yep. You guys stay here."

Y/n watched warily as Ayumu began to run and shrieked when he literally disappeared into thin air.

It was a while of waiting before Ayumu returned with a smile, a resistance soldier tucked under his arm.

"Oh! Teppei!" y/n exclaimed and waved with a smile, "What happened over there?"

"A couple samurai had him in a tight spot." Ayumu replied as he set Teppei down and slapped him on the back.

"Ack! It's good to see you both!" Teppei exclaimed with a sheepish smile.

Y/n chuckled, "Oh, right! Teppei, this is Aether and Paimon! Aether, Paimon, this is Teppei. A member of the Resistance!"

"It's very nice to meet you, Aether, Paimon!" Teppei greeted cheerfully, "What brings you all here?"

"Well, if you couldn't tell from the giant water vortex and thunderstorm ravaging Narukami Island, the Shogun is currently fighing with another God." Ayumu replied, pointing to where there were flashes of electro within the massive vortex.

Teppei deadpanned, "Huh? Wha- but how? Why? Is it the Hydro Archon?"

"No." Ayumu shook his head.

"It's Osial." Aether sighed, facepalming himself, "And I'd thought we'd sealed him away again. Turns out we were wrong."

Paimon blinked, noticng how y/n averted her gaze with a nervous expression.

'Hm... suspicious...'

"Osial?! What's Osial doing all the way over here?!" Teppei demanded.

"We know just as much as you do. Nothing." Ayumu replied with a shrug, "Anywho, could you take us to Fort Fujitou? Aether here needs some medical attention and he intends on joining the cause."

Aether looked at Ayumu, "Excuse me?"

Ayumu gave him a side long glance and a less than friendly smile, "Yeah, you said you wanted to join the Resistance. Didn't you?"

Aether flinched away, 'Holy 💩'

"Ayumu, quit scaring him. Our number one priority is to make sure his injuries are tended to." y/n scolded Ayumu, bonking him on the head once.

"Right, right." he huffed, "Teppei?"

"Yep! Follow me!" Teppei exclaimed.

~~~ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ•°*

It wasn't long before y/n started complaining about the walk and how much her legs were hurting her.

So, Ayumu solved the problem by carrying her like a sack of potatoes.

By the time they got to the camp, y/n was feeling just a little better.

But, as usual, the sight of Gorou had y/n smiling almost immediately.

"Yo! Gorou!" Ayumu chirped.

The General deadpanned, "Damn it..."

"Hey General Gorou!" y/n greeted happily from where she was still slung over her friend's shoulder, "Long time no see!"

Gorou's ears perked up a little more and his tail began to wag just a lil bit, "Y/n! You're back! I-"

Seeming to realize where he was, he fell silent and cleared his throat while some of the Resistance members nearby smothered their chuckles and snickers.

"Ahem... it's good to see you two." Gorou replied, tail still flicking from side to side, "And who are these two?"

"This is Aether and Paimon!" Teppei exclaimed, "They're here to join the Resistance."

"He'll need some medical attention first though!" y/n said quickly, "While we were on Narukami, he fought the Shogun before she could take my Vision!"

Gorou and Teppei stared at Aether with wide eyes, "You fought the Shogun?"

"Yep! And he saved Mondstadt from a dragon, defeated a Harbinger plus he helped save Liyue from a sea monster!" Paimon said with a proud grin.

"The same sea monster currently throwing hands with the Shogun." Ayumu hummed as he observed his nails, "Anywho, before I forget, Osial is currently fighting the Shogun. It put up a huge vortex around Narukami and I've noticed traces of another developing around the Kujou encampment."

"Eh? Since when?" y/n demanded.

"Well, while you were snoozing, I noticed that a lot of random vortexes popping up in random spots." Ayumu murmured, "That may end up working in our favor. Not as many Shogunate Ships will be able to get close to us."

"You're right... thanks for informing me, Ayumu." Gorou said with a nod, "Y/n, we're a bit short on supplies at the moment..."

"No worries! I'll go look for some!" y/n exclaimed, "Teppei, could you take Aether to have his injuries treated?"

"Don't worry about medicine, we've got lots of useful stuff on us!" Paimon said proudly.

"Right." Teppei said with a nod before help Aether walk off, chatting with the blond.

"I'll be back soon." y/n said with a bright smile, "Ayumu, want to join me?"

"Absolutely." Ayumu said with a grin.

" Ayumu said with a grin