𝗗𝗼𝗴𝗴𝘆 𝗚𝗲𝗻𝗲𝗿𝗮𝗹

"Y-Y/n! What are you-"

"Sorry, Gorou, I couldn't help myself!"

Gorou was pretending to not enjoy the attention his ears were receiving as y/n played with them, enjoying the floofiness.

They were chilling together at their post where they were watching out for any of the Shogun's Army who may have been trying to attack or anything.

With Gorou's doggy senses and y/n's hearing, they'd be sure to sense danger before it arrived.

It wasn't storming as heavily but the duo still took shelter under a tree which was surprisingly still standing.

They sat close together, Gorou kinda desperate for y/n's presence and y/n just wanting to be warm.

Oh yeah, she wanted to pat the ears too.

The only reason they could relax was because the eight other vortexes which had popped up on the island within the past few days would keep the Resistance's enemies away for a little while longer.

Of course, they hadn't come out of nowhere.

A couple days before, y/n realized the rain in addition to Haiyang's power had contributed to creating them.

This was y/n's way of knowing Haiyang was still alive. When she wasn't listening to the thunderous sounds of battle from behind the massive vortex in the distance which had become infused with large quantities of electro.

She wasn't sure if she was right but something felt strange... it was Haiyang's sound. That unique noise she heard from him and used to identify him.

Something had changed in it.

Nothing drastic, only a slight difference. Maybe it was because he was doing god things and duking it out with another god. Who knows? Y/n wasn't a god expert.

This really bothered y/n since something told her that the change wasn't a good sign. So she gave all her love and attention to Gorou's cute ears in order to distract herself from her worries.

"I'll stop if you want me to." y/n offered, removing her hands from where they once gently smoothed out the fur on the two fluffy ears, "I noticed how fast your heart is beating."

"N-No! Don't stop!" Gorou protested, a bit of a whine in his voice and his face went red when he realized how his words had come out.

Y/n face went blank as she froze, "Huh?"

There was silence.

"...please don't take this the wrong way-"

Y/n smiled wearily, "It's fine, it happens to everyone."

"A-Ayu! Don't go so hard! Go a little slower!" y/n protested and flinched when her best friend gave her a cheeky grin.

"Oho? Might wanna rephrase that, y/n." he hummed in response as he adjusted his grip on his wooden sword, "Someone might get the wrong idea~"

"I-IT WAS AN ACCIDENT!!!"

"Especially me..." y/n whispered, shedding a single tear as she remembered the many other times she'd unintentionally said something which would sound suspicious out of context.

And the countless times Ayumu teased her for it.

"O-Oh..." Gorou's cheeks were tinted pink as he crossed his arms and appeared to look reluctant, "Well... you can pet my ears again! Just this once!"

"Yay!" y/n cheered, beginning to rub her face against the two fluffy ears while Gorou tried not to react.

It was pretty difficult though.

He could hear her soft chuckles and the warmth of her soft skin. He was also acutely aware of... AHEM...

You want a hint?

Y/n's friend was going to be visiting soon and Gorou caught the slightest scent of blood from her.

Yes. That.

"You can pet my tail too if you want..."

"Huh? I can?" y/n gasped and the General flinched.

"You... you heard that?!" he cried.

"I have really sharp hearing, Gorou."

"I thought those were just rumors!!!"

"Heh, it's all true." y/n chuckled as she began to stroke Gorou's tail but paused when he tensed up, "You okay?"

"Y-Yeah... I'm alright..." Gorou managed to say and shivered when y/n hesitantly continued to pet his tail.

After a while, he chilled out and actually began to doze off while y/n settled into a rhythm. Damn, petting his tail was actually super relaxing.

"What was Liyue like?" Gorou asked after a while, "Did you make friends there? Enemies?"

"I got along well with most people!" y/n said with a smile, "And I met tons of incredible people too! Sure, one of them turned out to be a 6000+ year old God and the other a sea monster but that's totally fine-"

Y/n had spoken the last part under her breath and Gorou only managed to catch 6000+ year old God and sea monster.

'Just what kind of 💩 did y/n see there?!' Gorou wondered, worried for the simp who sat behind him and happily played with his floofy tail.

"Hm... your tail is well taken care of." y/n commented absentmindedly, "Do you tend to it yourself?"

Gorou looked back at y/n with a bewildered expression, "HUH?! Y/N?!"

"OH! I, uh-!" y/n turned away quickly, "Nevermind! It's just that I could tell from the sound and how it felt— uhm, wanted to compliment you on it. That's all."

"Oh. I guess that makes sense..."

Y/n looked like she was about to die, face burning hot with embarrassment, 'Why the hell did I say that?!!'