𝗔 𝗽𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻

"Thanks again, y/n! You're a life saver!" the Boss of the Inn, Verr Goldet exclaimed.

Y/n smiled sheepishly, "Hah, no problem. Let me know if you need anything else, okay?"

"Will do!" the boss chirped.

The h/c haired woman wandered outside the Inn, climbing to the top since stairs are boring.

The sun was setting and y/n wanted to take a picture with the Kamera she'd been gifted with after helping someone.

It didn't feel like her old Kamera.

Her old Kamera had dents and there were spots covered with bandages y/n used to cover up parts where it'd been cracked.

This one was new, in perfect condition and felt oddly cold in her hands.

Well, a Kamera is a Kamera.

Y/n lifted the little machine and snapped a picture of the sunset, glancing at the photo before tucking it in her bag and setting down the Kamera.

She plopped down on her butt, sitting on the roof of the Inn as the sun slowly set.

It was a small shift in the wind, a quiet noise of someone leaning against something, but she heard it anyways.

She pondered about whether or not to say anything for a moment before saying, "I didn't know anyone else would be up here."

Y/n turned her head to look at the Adeptus, who just so happened to be Xiao, "Is this your spot? I could leave if you want."

There was silence before Xiao quietly mumbled in response, "It's fine."

Y/n looked back towards the setting sun, "Oh, alright then."

There was silence between the two and y/n could feel herself gradually becoming more and more nervous.

Was he going to say anything?

Was he just going to be quiet?

'AAAA, SO AWKWARD...!'

Xiao, believe it or not, was just as nervous.

He'd been wanting to thank y/n for the stir fry and had even considered asking her to make more since he enjoyed it so much.

This didn't go unnoticed by Verr Goldet.

So, the boss had asked y/n to drop something off in hopes that the adeptus and y/n would run into one another.

Well, it worked. But neither of them knew what to say to one another...

"Ah! I've been meaning to ask..." y/n spoke up, "How'd you like the stir fry?"

Oop, the opportunity to finally thank y/n for the wonderful food had just presented itself to Xiao.

'Don't screw this up-'

And what does he do?

The adeptus crossed his arms and looked away with a, "It was okay."

'...damn it.'

Much to Xiao's surprise, y/n seemed delighted anyways, "Ha, well, I'm glad it wasn't terrible. Looks like my cooking skills improved a little bit, heh."

More silence.

Y/n noticed that it was getting darker and if she was going to go to Guyun Stone Forest, she'd need to leave immediately.

"Alright." she hummed, standing and dusting herself off, "I'll be going."

Xiao remained quiet but y/n was sure to add, "If you ever want me to make more of the stir fry, feel free to ask!"

And with that, y/n clambered down from the roof of the Inn and began making her way towards the elevator.

Xiao noticed that she'd left something and wandered over to pick it up.

Oh. It was a photo of the sunset.

(I can't wait to snap pictures of the sunrise and sunset in Inazuma)

~~~( )•°*

It was night by the time y/n hopped in a boat and simply drifted to her little spot.

She'd never gone two days in a row but she felt the odd need to be there that evening.

"You're probably wondering why I'm here early. I hope I'm not bothering you." y/n murmured, "I just needed to talk about some things that have been on my mind."

There was quiet, only the sound of waves surroundings y/n in addition to the distant noises of the Harbor.

"That Harbinger... I've been seeing a lot of him lately. He's very suspicious and I think he may be up to something." y/n began speaking, "And that Fatui Lady who was lurking outside the Pharmacy... I think she may have heard Paimon mention the Golden House. It's likely that she told the Harbinger about it."

"As for the death of Rex Lapis...hah, turns out it isn't real. Rex Lapis isn't dead." y/n laughed, "In fact, I've been seeing Rex Lapis almost every single day without even realizing it!"

She took a moment to quietly chuckle to herself before continuing. She kept on talking until she wasn't quite sure what else she wanted to talk about.

"I'm sorry, I don't have much else to talk about." y/n apologized with a sheepish smile.

There was silence before a quiet voice replied, "It's fine. Though it was one-sided, this was a pleasant conversation."

Y/n paused.

That voice. She was alone.

But it was a voice.

"HOLY 💩-" y/n screeched.