𝗔𝗰𝘁𝘂𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘆 𝗽𝗿𝗲𝘁𝘁𝘆 𝗴𝗼𝗼𝗱

Okay, this was awkward.

Aether wasn't sure what to do about this, y/n clinging to him. That ghost really frightened her but Aether didn't expect it to frighten her this much.

Y/n stuck with Verr Goldet while Aether and Paimon did some investigating.

Now that they had a good idea of how to find the ghost again, they grabbed y/n again and dragged her outside the Inn.

They'd already figured out that when she faints, she's a pretty good fighter.

So, if the ghost decided it wanted to end their free trial of life, they would have y/n there to protect them.

Why not use y/n's odd but useful sleep-walking talent to their advantage, hm?

"Y/n, are you okay?" Aether asked as they walked in the direction him and Paimon had last seen the ghost.

She blinked, her brain slowly processing his words, "...WHAT DO YOU MEAN AM I OKAY??? I SAW A GHOST! A GHOST!!!"

"Well, we're leaving the Inn now. You don't have to be afraid anymore!" Paimon chirped and Aether gave the pixie a look.

'Tf are you doing? Stop lying to her-'

Y/n sniffled, "...you're lying."

Paimon deadpanned, "huh."

"You're lying, I can tell." y/n mumbled, rubbing tears from her eyes, "But I did say I'd help you guys out so I'll stick with you anyways."

Paimon's eyes sparkled, "Y/n..."

"But that doesn't mean I forgive you. You threatened to blackmail me and you kidnapped me." y/n said sharply, crossing her arms and giving the pixie and the blond a cold look.

"Oh, right, we did do that..." Aether murmured and y/n gasped.

"DON'T ACT SO CASUAL ABOUT IT!!!"

"Yeah, I forgot. My bad-"

"THERE'S THAT GHOST AGAIN--!" y/n suddenly shrieked as she hid behind Aether, pointing at the ghostly little girl in the little area or trees up ahead.

The little ghost girl giggled and disappeared. It a moment later, a Ruin Hunter at the edge or the group of trees activated.

Aether sighed, "You've gotta be kidding me."

"THE RUIN HUNTER! IT'S POSSESSED!" y/n screamed at the top of her lungs, violently shaking Aether, "AETHER, DO SOMETHING, IT'S GONNA KILL US-!!!"

"Oh well, guess we're all gonna die." Paimon sighed and y/n started screaming even more, tears gathering in her eyes.

"Paimon, look what you did!" Aether snapped, covering his ears.

"Sorry, can't hear you over the screaming." Paimon replied with a devious little smirk then blinked "Oh, it stopped."

Both Aether and Paimon glanced at y/n who had fainted on the spot but didn't quite fall over like any normal person would.

The two took a couple of steps back just to be safe.

Paimon actually screamed when y/n disappeared and appeared a moment later. A bright flash of purple caught Aether's attention as y/n finally drew that sword that'd remained idle at her side for so long.

The air crackled with electricity, like an oncoming storm as y/n inhaled. She cut through the air as lightning would cut through the dark sky,

The ruin hunter's arm was cut off in one clean strike, sending the hunk of metal flying over to Aether and Paimon.