𝗪𝗛𝗔𝗧 𝗜𝗦 𝗧𝗛𝗔𝗧

(Teppei... my precious bean...)

"Be good you two, okay?" y/n ordered, Haiyang and Qiqi staring back at her.

Qiqi had the day off and Haiyang didn't feel like leaving the house so he was in charge of babysitting the zombie child.

"Why are you telling me to be good? I'm not the child here." Haiyang said indignantly, pouting a little bit.

Y/n shook her head, "You might as well be. Don't you dare think for a second that I don't remember what you tried to do."

Haiyang made a quiet grumbling noise but didn't complain, thinking better of it.

While Qiqi was perplexed, not knowing what they were referring to, Haiyang and y/n were both thinking back to the thirty mintue scolding the ancient God got from the h/c haired woman for trying to destroy Liyue Harbor.

"Whew... anyways, I'll be back soon." y/n hummed and smiled, patting Qiqi on the head, "Have a nice day!"

Haiyang scowled, "..."

Y/n noticed and chuckled, patting his head, "I almost forgot. My bad, Sui."

The h/c haired train wreck wandered away, picking up her sword from where it was chilling against the wall. She headed for the door hastily, only pausing for a moment.

"Do you want me to bring anything back for you two?" y/n inquired.

"Coconut milk!" Qiqi chimed.

"Onigiri!" Haiyang declared.

"Right!" y/n exclaimed and waved to the duo as she left, "I'll be back soon!"

And with that, y/n left.

Qiqi and Haiyang sat for a minute before the God glanced at the little zombie, "Hey Qiqi, you have a cryo vision, right?"

"Mhm."

"Could you help me with something? We have a bit of a Ginger problem."

"...Ginger?"

"Yes, a Roach too."

Qiqi pondered for a moment before nodding, "Sure. Qiqi can help you."

~~~ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ•°*

Ganyu had asked y/n to check out some suspicious activity regarding the Treasure Hoarders. Considering herself capable enough to handle a couple Treasure Hoarders, y/n agreed and decided to go on her own.

Ganyu just kinda forgot to tell her about how the Abyss Order was lurking in the ruins.

Oops.

"Oh, hello there Aether." y/n greeted with a smile, having heard the blond Traveler before she saw him, "Here to investigate the ruins too?"

"Yep! But Paimon didn't expect you to be here." Paimon replied as y/n turned to face the duo.

"Hm? Why's that?"

"Well, the Abyss Order seems to be active around here." Aether explained, "Their involvement makes things a whole lot more dangerous."

"A-Abyss Order...?" y/n stammered, looking a little pale, "Dangerous...?"

Paimon and Aether exchanged a look before Paimon asked, "Y/n...? You okay?"

"Haha, yeah, I'm fine...!" y/n laughed nervously as she turned and began walking away, "I'm just gonna.... leave."

"Wait-!" Aether called before he could think things through, "You can just come with us?"

"But then who would protect me-!?"

"I would!" Aether exclaimed.

Y/n's face went blank, "You? Protect me? Weren't you the one who almost got me killed several times before?"

"..."

"Exactly." the h/c haired girl huffed before beginning to walk past Aether, "I'm outta here. This place is giving me the creeps..."

"I heard Zhongli's looking all over Liyue for you." Aether called and hid his delighted smile when y/n changed directions to begin walking back towards him.

"On second thought, I'll join you two. Let's go." y/n said quickly, marching into the domain with little to no hesitation.

Paimon crossed her arms, "Simp."

"Am not." Aether snapped back before following y/n, Paimon close behind.

Y/n didn't hate Zhongli, no, she was just too stubborn and too embarrassed to apologize to him for... uhm....

She shivered as she imagined just how painful it would've been to be punched in the throat...l

And, even if he was a God, punching someone in the throat could kill them and y/n really didn't want that...

For Ayumu, it was acceptable, he was basically a cockroach. But anyone else, no.

Y/n shook her head, deciding not to focus on that.

"There are signs of Treasure Hoarder activity here!" Paimon exclaimed, "Let's go deeper into the ruins and see what else we can find!"

Y/n halted, "Mm, you know what? Aether, you go ahead."

Aether frowned but didn't complain, walking up to y/n and taking her hand in his before smiling once more and hunming, "M'kay. Let's go."

'The nerve-'

Y/n a little jittery as the three of them continued through the ruins, her hand never leaving Aether's.

That is until they stopped in a room with an upside down Statue of the Seven right in the back of it.

"There's a person there!" Paimon pointed out, gesturing to the person who was curled up in front of the Statue, "Hello???"

Y/n's fearful expression gradually turned into one of horror and disbelief.

Aether began to take a step forward to check on the person but was stopped by y/n who's e/c eyes never left the ominous Statue or the mystery person, "...y/n?"

"They're dead. There's no heartbeat." y/n whispered, too scared to scream or cry.

"Dead!?" Paimon demanded.

"Yep, that's are cue to get out of here-" Aether decided as the ruins shook and some deadly looking liquid bubbled up between the cracks of the floor behind them.

"EEK, WE'RE GONNA DIE HERE!!!" y/n shrieked, beginning to cry, "SHIT, I DON'T WANNA DIE LIKE THIS! I WANNA SEE THE SUN ONE LAST TIME!"

"Just calm down." Aether tried to tell y/n but she only screamed even louder.

"WE'RE GONNA DIE AND NOBODY WILL FIND OUR BODIES! WE'RE DOOMED, IT'S OVER, IT'S-ACK!"

Aether whacked y/n in the back of her head and she cried out in pain, instinctively covering the back of her head and giving the blond a teary eyed glare.

"What the hell!?"

"Calm down and just follow me!" Aether ordered, "I won't let anything happen to you, I swear it! I just need you to trust me!"

Y/n blinked before beginning to cry quietly as she remembered just where she'd heard that before, "Okay... I trust you, Aether."

Even if she was scared shitless, y/n tried her best to remain calm as the trio made their way through the ruins.

"Ah! I can hear water!" y/n chimed as they began heading up some stairs, "We're close! We're gonna live!"

"See? We're gonna be fine!" Aether exclaimed and y/n grinned at him.

"Haha, you're-"

Y/n almost had a heartattack as she skidded to a stop, spotting a terrifying creature she'd never seen before.

"WHAT IS THAT!???" she shrieked, stumbling back and causing both Aether and Paimon to flinch, "HOLY SHIT, IT'S A MONSTER! IT'S GONNA KILL US!!!"

Damn.