𝗕𝗶𝗴 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗯𝗹𝗲𝗺

Okay! Good news!

The Electro Archon finally let Aether go, dropping the traumatized blond right back where he'd been taken from.

He'd immediately been tackled by y/n and Paimon, both of them crying.

Bad news...

"THEY'RE GONNA KILL EACH OTHER!!!" y/n screeched as the two blurs that were the real Baal and an angry Haiyang darted around, Electro and hydro energy flying around.

The puppet had gotten right back up, this time piloted by the real archon, and had completely ditched her katana for a polearm which crackled with electro.

Y/n was holding up a barely conscious Aether as the fighting continued, the sky far above looking very angry at the moment.

The waves had become much fiercer, slamming against the side of the island with much more force than before.

The sky above rumbled, a sign that lightning and thunder would arrive soon.

"Y/n, we've gotta go!" Paimon shouted as the wind picked up, "The storm is getting bad!"

"But Paimon-" y/n began.

"Just go! We've gotta make sure Aether is okay!" Paimon cried, glancing at Aether who's face was resting on y/n's chest since she was too busy watching the fight to hold him up properly.

Y/n looked as though she were going to protest but dragged Aether towards the Teahouse anyways, 'Don't die, Haiyang!'

Die? Mans is having fun.

Just listen to his psychotic laughter.

Anywho, Paimon and y/n ran all the way back to the Teahouse.

By the time they got there, Aether was awake but y/n refused to let him walk on his own.

"What happened?" Thoma demanded when they returned, "Where's Haiyang?"

"Fighting the Electro Archon." Aether replied simply, still recovering from whatever 🐂💩 he'd just been through.

"He put up this huge vortex around the island and we should probably leave now." y/n continued, "As we were running, I noticed a spot where the water was quiet. That may be a spot where we could get through."

"You should get going then!" Thoma exclaimed as he began ushering them towards the door, "It's not safe here!"

"Huh? But where will we go?" Paimon cried, confused as she floated along.

"Y/n knows where to find the Resistance." Thoma told the pixie, "And she knows all the other islands like the back of her hand! With her there, you'll be fine!"

Y/n turned her head and gave Thoma a small smile, "Sorry we have to leave so suddenly. I really wished we could've spent more time together."

"It's fine!" Thoma assured her, "After all this, we can hang out as much as we'd like."

The h/c haired girl let go of Aether for a second to pull Thoma into a warm hug.

"Stay safe, okay?" she whispered before pulling away and joining Aether again, ignoring his complaints about how he was fine as she ushered him out the Teahouse.

Thoma watched them go for a moment before preparing to leave and tell Kaori the news. She hated being the last person to hear about things.

As for the lil group, y/n dragged them over to Amakane Island. Apparently, she kept a boat there in case she ever needed to get tf out of Inazuma again.

And...

"It's gone." y/n stated.

Aether, from where y/n had ordered him to rest on a rock, look shocked.

"It's gone?!" he demanded.

"Yes, did you not hear me?!" y/n snapped back, "Damn it, why now?"

She looked around wildly but forced herself to take a deep breath, clearing her mind and thinking.

Only one other person, as far as she knew, was aware of the boat's location.

"Y/n!" Ayumu shouted as he popped up from the water, earning a screech from y/n.

"Ayumu, what the 🚚!??" y/n cried as her friend darted out of the water and over to her to give her a bear hug, "AGH, YOU'RE WET, LEMME GO!!!"

"Only for you~" Ayumu purred and y/n's face burned with embarrassment.

"Cut that out!" she complained, "We've gotta go! The Shogun is out for Aether's head and I dunno how long Haiyang can hold her off!"

"Oh, right." Ayumu let go of his friend and gestured to the boat which he'd hidden under some vegetation, "There's the boat. Let me help you."

Aether watched as the two simps dragged out the boat and placed it on the water.

"Alright! Yashiori Island, correct?" Ayumu hummed and y/n nodded.

"If that's where the Resistance is, yes."

"On we go then!"

As the slowly but surely made their way to Yashiori Island, y/n got tired and drifted off to sleep while Ayumu kept the boat moving.

The h/c haired girl refused to leave Aether's side, knowing that he was still recovering after getting one shot by the Archon.

Thats how she ending up falling asleep with her head on his shoulder, a frown etched on her features even in sleep.

In the distance, Aether could hear the sounds of the fight between Haiyang and Baal.

The thunder and crashing of waves behind them never faded, even as they got further and further away from Narukami Island.