𝘼 𝙡𝙞𝙩𝙩𝙡𝙚 𝙗𝙞𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙙𝙣𝙚𝙨𝙨

(He's back)

A little boat drifted onto the shores of Guyun, a young lady lounging in it with a blank expression.

She stared up at the blue sky far above her with dull e/c eyes. She looked pretty dead but she was very much alive.

'What's the point now?' she asked herself, 'What reason do I have to live?'

No answer, as expected.

She closed her eyes.

There was hardly any life around her accept for the plants that clung to rocks and the crabs that scuttled along the shore.

She heard a couple of hilichurls nearby and a couple of Abyss mages but otherwise, nothing she could actually eat without fighting to get it.

Y/n wasn't in the right condition to be fighting either, her body weak after who knows how many days of drifting at sea without food.

She closed her eyes with a quiet sigh.

'There's nothing left for me here...'

As she was losing conciousness, something flew out of the water and hit her in the face.

"Ow!" y/n yelped, sitting up, "What was-"

Oh, a berry.

Y/n blankly stared at the berry that was resting in her lap. Where had it come from?

She stared for a moment longer before nibbling on it. Okay, it was edible. Not poisonous. Maybe.

So, she ate it.

It did little to help with the gnawing feeling in her stomach but at least it wasn't as painful.

Suddenly, two more berries flew out of the water and hit her in the face.

"OW, WHAT-" y/n peered over the side of the boat, looking for some kind of clue as to where these berries were coming from.

Nothing.

Y/n huffed a quiet thank you anyways and ate the berries, being sure to duck and dodge to avoid being slapped by the other berries that flew out of the water.

This process continued until y/n sighed a quiet, "I don't think I can eat any more-"

No more berries came flying out of the water after that which was rather suspicious.

She peered over the side of the boat, staring at the water with round eyes.

"Is anybody there?" she inquired.

No reply.

"Hm... well, thank you for the berries. I really appreciate it." y/n tried.

Again, no reply.

She sighed, curling back up in the boat again. It was getting dark and she didn't really feel like venturing outside the small boat.

"Goodnight." she mumbled to nobody in particular before falling asleep.

~~~ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ•°*

The next day, y/n was determined to get out of the boat and do some exploring.

"Alright! I'm gonna be productive!" she exclaimed, "Sure, I'm all alone on an island by myself which probably has a ton of monsters but that's okay-!"

Y/n pumped a fist into the air with a, "I'm gonna get through this! I'll survive!"

Just as she said that, the boat flipped over, sending her plunging into the water with a shriek.

A moment later, the boat was flipped back over and she was tossed back into it.

Drenched in water but she was in the boat again. Right side up of course.

Now this definitely wasn't normal.

"Hey, uh, you wouldn't happen to be some weird sea monster, would you?" y/n called to the water and frowned when she didn't recieve a reply.

She huffed, settling back down into the boat. Her stomach grumbled and it was a split second before a berry flew out of the water and hit her in the head.

"Oh come on!" she shouted but furiously nibbled on the berry anyways.

It seemed as though y/n had a friend.

The water kept on assisting her with simple things over the period of time she was pretty much stranded.

The water would push her boat to shore whenever she needed to stretch her legs a bit and would always intervene whenever she was being chased by hilichurls.

It provided her with a bunch of berries and would even gently rock the boat when she struggled to fall asleep.

Y/n wasn't sure exactly who was causing this but she was grateful to them anyways.

As thanks, she would tell the water stories of her home and just talk to it like she would any normal person.

You'd think she was going insane but y/n knew there was someone listening. She was certain of it.

It was a couple days before y/n realized Liyue Harbor wasn't too far off.

She would often stare at the Harbor in the distance, wondering if she'd be safe there.

Eventually, she gave in.

"I wanna go there!" she announced as she sat up in her little boat then glanced at the water, "Liyue Harbor is safe, right?"

No reply as usual.

Y/n nearly toppled over when the waves began to gently push her boat towards the harbor, almost reluctantly.

"O-Oh! Thank you!" y/n exclaimed, "I'll come back to visit, I swear!"

The water pushed her boat a little more as if to say, "Yeah, yeah, just go before I change my mind you idiot."

This unknown being had shown y/n a little bit of kindness but that was enough.

Now, they wouldn't be so lonely anymore.

Considering y/n visited Guyun Forest twice each week from then on.

Y/n had no idea just how much happiness she was bringing to a certain God sealed beneath the waves.

Perhaps this simple show of gratitude would benefit her sometime in the future.

Just maybe.