Epilogue

Recap:

Alpha Than was getting closer, and closer. Soon he was a few metres away from me. My blood ran cold, and my mouth was open as I got ready to scream. Just as I was about to, I saw the familiar black fur of the man I love so much appear before me.

Than was a metre away and Blake stood in between.

A scream escaped the air. So high-pitched, and frightening, a sound only a woman who's entire life, entire reason for existence, was about to be destroyed, could make.

And I was surprised to find out, that it was me.

Epilogue:

Sobs and cries filled the air with anguished howls of the wolves. The air was so tense it would've been able to cut with a knife. It seemed like the world was caught in a black and white silence as the sky rumbled above the sea of black people. Everyone huddles against each other, seeking comfort with the few exceptions that wanted to be left alone. It was a time of sadness and the pack needed each other more than ever. Many had lost their loved ones during the war and were overcome with grief.

A few tears slipped down my cheek as I watched these people mourn and grieve. A soft squeeze on my shoulder caught my attention and I looked up into warm grey loving eyes. "It's okay." He murmured though his eyes were filled with pain. It was Blake... A breath rushed out in relief as I had unknowingly been holding. I still panicked even now when Blake wasn't by my side. The irrational fear of him dying constantly haunted me.

Flashes of Blake's fight with Than constantly warred in my head like a broken radio. It was a miracle that he had managed to survive but he didn't come out unscarred. A scar ran down from the top of his right arm, at the tip of his shoulder, to a few inches away from his wrist.

He had many other injuries but all had almost healed except his left arm which was still in its cast. The war left around a quarter of our pack dead and little less than half severely injured. The coffins, all lines up in a row, were being lowered into the ground and I turned away, unable to look at the sight.

Looking at people around me, I realized that I had to be strong. For them and for me. Alec was comforting Alexis and she burried herself in his arms, sobbing. With this in my head, I straightened my back and lifted my head higher. Despite what Than did to us, we had managed to survive with the other pack running away with their tails between their legs.

Even if I didn't know all of the pack members, I was their Alpha Female. And my job was to keep them safe. That was something I had failed at.

But now... Now it was different.

***

Autumn had just arrived. Leaves were starting to turn red and brown before falling gracefully down onto the ground. The air was cool, a warning for the cold of Winter. Things had just started to settle down when an announcement caused everything to change. The house was no filled with ruckus and noise...but an air of happiness too.

"Bella!" I heard Alexis call behind me, frantic. Turning around with a grin on my face, I giggled.