Chapter 30

WARNING THIS CHAPTER WILL CONTAIN BOYXBOY!!!!! IF YOU DO NOT LIKE READING SUCH THINGS THAN SKIP THIS CHAPTER AND WHAT IS IMPORTANT WILL BE EXPLAINED BELOW!!!!! BUT IF YOU WANT YOU CAN IMAGINE HAYDEN AS A GIRL! 

------------------------------

Recap:

I unsurely put out my hand, not sure if he would accept. Hurt crossed his face and he grabbed my hand. “I’ll get you to trust me.” He said determinedly. 

I smiled, not even doubting his words. One day I will. But right now, the pain was still fresh. The reminder of what he could do, what he could make me want to do to myself. 

“Come on,” I said leading us back to the pack house. 

He gave me a smile, yet his eyes seem worried. I just gave him an encouraging smile. I know that the business with Than wasn’t over. I wasn’t an idiot, of course I knew why the Alpha was here. But all I have to say is bring it on. You will regret the day you threatened us. 

Chapter 30:

Hayden’s POV:

I watched as Alec gave an unsure smile to Isabella before rushing off to find Alexis. I sighed in relief, finally. It was annoying seeing him always moody and angry. Although I am happy he’s finally found his mate. Something that makes him happy. 

He spent the five years taking care of me,  putting my safety and me before everything. Alec never thought about himself. But now, he deserved to have that person that would be there for him, take care of him the way he should be. 

Sighing, I stood up giving a smile to Isabella and Blake, who seemed to be in a discussion about something important. “I have to go now.” I told them as they looked up. 

“No, no. You don’t have to leave! Stay for a while.” She said warmly. 

I shook my head, “No it’s okay.” Isabelle nodded, waving a goodbye before turning back to Blake. 

Stepping out of the house with a slight spring in my steps, breathing in the fresh air with a smile. It felt good, to let someone else know. Like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders for those few seconds before another weight was added as I thought of the consequences of my actions. 

Maybe I shouldn’t have told them... but when I thought of Alexis and Alec, I changed my mind. No, it was worth it. Although there are consequences to every action, and mine were fraught with grave. 

He could go after them at any second. He could be watching every move. His cold, black eyes calculating. I doubt he believed Blake, he’s smart. Smarter than you think. 

There’s no saying what Than would do. He’s no longer sane, not much any way. Ever since he’s lost his mate, it’s like he’s capable of doing anything. 

Jogging slightly, I made my way towards the small apartment me and Alec shared. The only reason we managed to survive the past few years was because of the money our parents left us and our jobs. 

Pressing the elevator button, I reached the fifth floor before getting out and making my way towards the apartment.

 The hallways walls were once green but now a greenish yellow, paint peeling off it at some points. Lights above me flickered on and off, the floors creaking.

I thought it would be the usual, typical, routine we always had when we moved. But it wasn’t. I had managed to gain some education going to school but moving a lot had put its toll on it.