Chapter 19

Recap:

She fell to the floor, heartbeat slowing down. And yet a smile graced her face, as if she was happy. I knew that she still wished that he would come for her. I know he would, but he might just be too late.

Her hair was splayed out, dress ripped, blood covering her and yet she still was a beautiful sight. I couldn’t really blame him for falling for her. But she was mine.

Her eyes fluttered shut, like she was asleep but there was a difference.

Her heartbeat stopped.

Chapter 18:

Blake POV:

I burst into the room growling, swinging my head looking for her. I wasn’t shocked to see who was standing next to her, more like disappointed. In myself. I should’ve known, I was so stupid.

I was mad, more like raging. Red filled my eyesight and all I wanted was his blood. For him to pay. I could imagine him beneath me, my jaws ripping his throat. He stood there, smirking before laughing. His eye showed madness, and he smiled.

“I knew you would come.”

The sound of his voice, the delight in it made me snap. I growled loud and deep, the sound vibrating against the room that could have been heard for miles. I even felt some of my pack members flinch and cower.

I lunged at him wanting his blood. He laughed before shifting and snapped at me. My mind was in a haze, with only blood lust thoughts. I didn’t even notice the woman standing by the side.

A part of this whole plan, someone I never thought would be a part of it.

What!  I snapped in my mind as my Beta’s voice kept annoying me as I fought.

We’ll take care of him! She needs you!

That snapped me out of my haze and I realized what I was doing. I should be checking up on her not fighting! She was my first priority! No is my first priority!

And dammit I wasn’t losing her.

Take care of him, but I want his blood. I snarled before dodging Adam and running towards my sweet Bella.

I shifted quickly and searched for her pulse. Anything.

Anything to tell him that she wasn’t dead. I tried doing CPR, but she just wouldn’t breathe.  My face crumpled as I stared at her shaking my head in denial. “You’re not dead,” I whispered brushing my hand over her face and closed eyes.