Chapter 14

• Dedicated to All my fans and whoever voted or commented on any of my chapters!

Recap :

 The pack doctor walked in and went beside Isabella. He checked her, and I asked. “Is she alright?” “Her pulse is barely there, but she’ll be fine after I’m done.” I sighed in relief.

“Can you put her in the room for the injured.” I nodded, and picked her up carrying her there. “Would you like to change before coming back, I’ll be fine with her Alpha.” The doctor said who’s name was Lawrence Fletcher.

“No, I’m staying.” I said firmly as I put her down on the bed. I didn’t care how much blood got on me as long as she was fine. I stood by the side as I watched the doctor treat her. It was my fault, I should’ve convinced her to not go when I knew something wasn’t right.

Once the doctor was done and left the room, I took a chair and seated it by her bed. “You’ll be fine, the doctor said so didn’t he. It was my fault, all my fault.” I whispered to her holding her hand.

I could feel the tears building up but they didn’t fall.

She would be fine, I know she will.

Chapter 14 :

My eyes fluttered open as I groaned softly. I tried sitting up but someone’s hands pushed me back. I started panicking, what happened? I tried pushing the person’s arms before a voice beside me interrupted me. “Isabella, shhh. It’s okay.” I turned towards him astounded. “Blake? What are you doing here?”

Something wasn’t right, I thought as I looked at him. Then I really looked at him and I gasped, which caused a slight pain at the back of my head. “What happened?” His eyes had dark circles under them as if he hadn’t slept and he seemed much thinner.

He smiled, joy lighting up in his eyes. “You’re awake, that’s all that matters.” But I pressed on, “What happened?” I didn’t like seeing him like this. He sighed and his eyes turned darker with hatred. Hatred for what?

“Try thinking back to what happened.” He advised. I thought back hard, and flashbacks rushed through me like a hurricane. “Oh god,”  I gasped.

Sobs were threatening the come out, and I wasn’t sure I could hold them back.

Blake, looked at me. His eyes seemed so pained, he reached towards me and pulled me in for a hug. That was the last straw for me, and the flood of tears came streaming out, “I didn’t think he would go that far.” I cried. “How could he! How could he?” I whimpered.

The tears gradually slowed down and I pulled myself away from Blake. Usually I would’ve blushed my now, but I couldn’t bring myself to.

I was just tired, so very tired. I don’t think I could handle much more. Blake turned his pleading eyes on me, “I know it’s hard, I can’t even imagine it. But I need you to tell me what happened.”

I shook my head, as if throwing the memories out. “I can’t, it’s so hard.” I whispered. He rubbed my back, his eyes filled with pity. Something snapped in me, “I don’t want your pity!” I sneered. He sighed, “It’s not pity, it’s empathy. It kills me to know that you had to go through that.”