Chapter 29

Recap:

“What did you mean we would’t be safe,” I questioned. Was this why he rejected Alexis and why Hayden was ignoring Travis? 

“Because I know if we became close to your or if he figured how important Alexis is to me and Travis is to Hayden, he would go after them.” Travis answered, anger flashed in his eyes when he mentioned how Than would hurt Alexis. 

“What!” Our head swiveled around to the door as we heard Alexis gasp. 

Chapter 29:

Alec’s eyes softened and he stood up, “Alexis.” He whispered tenderly. She gasped, covering her mouth, eyes wide. Taking a small step forward, eyes wide with disbelief. “T-This is why you rejected me? To protect me!” 

“I-I,” Alec tried explaining but was cut off. “And you decided this, did I get a say?” She whispered pointing a finger at him, tears filling her eyes. “Did you think about how much pain I’d be in! How much I would hate myself! Wondering what was I missing ... what was wrong with me. Wanting to hate you, but I couldn’t.” 

He grabbed her hand but she ripped it away from him and a pained look filled his eyes. “That was the only way I knew to protect you.” 

Her eyes softened, then hardened before softly saying, “You didn’t.” Alexis took a step back, her hands fall to her side. 

“You didn’t,” She whispered again before backing away and running off. Alec just stood there, staring at where she last was. His face screaming pain and hurt. He looked defeated. “What are you doing?” I asked and he looked to me confused. 

“Go!” I encouraged. “Go after her!” He looked conflicted for a second-a split second-before giving me a small unsure smile and running after her. I leaned back and watched him leave. I know he thought what he did was for the best, I understand but what about Alexis? Would she view it the same way, having experienced that much pain would she say it was for the best? 

 I know she would rather have her mate and die, then not. I just hope she would forgive him, I think he really does care for her. Maybe he might get her to see it in his perspective. He too, must have got through some pain having to do that to his mate. 

But then again... “‘Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.” I whispered softly.

Alexis POV:

Tears blurred my view as I ran, my feet pounding against the grass. It seemed like just a second ago I was in my room, the hollowness eating me alive. The pain, the constant wanting to scream. My reflection grinning at me, it’s disgust. The hate I had for myself, my wolf’s pain. “Alexis!” I heard him call and I panicked. 

My breath came out in pants, heartbeat thudding against my chest. 

I didn’t want him near me, I didn’t want to forgive him. The need for him was almost impossible especially with the yearning of my wolf. Wanting to feel his skin on mine, breathe in his scent.