Chapter 31

Recap:

Travis clutched my closer to him before lying on his side so I was facing him. My legs tangled in his. He stroked my cheek, giving me a small kiss. “It’s going to be okay. We’ll fight though this. You’ve been fighting against Than for 5 years, what’s to say you can’t do it now. You’ll also have people backing you up this time, don’t think you can get rid of us because we’re staying whether you like it or not.”

I couldn’t hide the happiness at his last sentence, the panic slowly leaving me as I realised he was right. I wasn’t alone, I had Travis and everyone else. 

Although I couldn’t shake the feeling of dread in me. Yes, I may not be alone. They would be there for me and Alec, I know that. We weren’t solitary anymore, we had gotten what we had always dreamed of and wanted. But what did we have to sacrifice in return...

Chapter 31:

“What do you think he’s going to do?” I stressed to Blake. He groaned, running a hand through his hair. “I don’t know. I don’t know what Than is capable of.” Hayden had said that he’d come for us. But how? And when? I don’t want anyone else to get hurt. 

“We need some sort of protection. He’s gonna come back for them, he’s hell bent on revenge. He will kill them if he gets the chance.” I worried. Hayden and Alec already seem like family, and we protect family. Because sometimes in the end, when everything is gone, all you have left is them. 

“Come on,” I inclined my head as I stood up. He gave me a confused look but followed as I made my towards the bedroom. It was quiet in the house, no sign of anyone else. Opening the door, I led Blake towards the bed before lying down. 

Wrapping my arms around his waist, tangling our legs together and snuggling onto his chest. Sighing, I relaxed as we both just cleared our heads. 

It was nice. To just lay there, next to Blake. Away from all the troubles and worries, even if just for a moment. “We’ll start patrolling, but I’m not sure what else we can do. He hasn’t actually threatened us or done anything to incline so.” 

I nodded slowly, frowning. What was Than planning? I was so afraid. More than when father hit me or when mother died.  No. This was worse. All these friends and family--people I’ve come to love--they’re lives are in danger. 

That they’re lives could be threatened so easily, and I couldn’t do a damn thing about it. In a second, they could be dead. I whimpered at the thought, no.

 I couldn’t let that happened. To have this happiness torn away from me, ripped like it meant nothing. 

“Hey, I won’t let that happen.” Blake comforted, hugging me tighter. “I’ll protect you.” I didn’t say anything. I wasn’t the one that needed protection. “So lets take a break, stop thinking about it okay?” Hesitating slightly, but I agreed, knowing that he was only thinking of my wellbeing. 

“So...” I questioned, wondering what we were going to do today when the doorbell rang. Raising my head in surprise, who could that be? 

Blake’s eyes widened, before he cursed, running a hand through his hair. “Blake, who’s that?” I asked, worry growing in me. He noticed and chuckled, easing me slightly but not sating my curiosity. He pulled me up so I was sitting cross legged in front of him, my hands in his. 

“Today I had decided to invite--,” he started, hesitating slightly before continuing. “My parents to officially meet you.” I stilled, shocked as I hadn’t expected that answer. I was going to meet...Blake’s parents...?