Chapter 32

Recap:

“Well it’s not much of a secret anymore so...tell me!” I jokingly threatened, feeling a bit excited. He grinned, pretending to think about it, eyes lighting up. “Okay, okay.” He laughed as I got ready to tackle him. “For this weekend, we’re going on a trip!” 

“Just the two of us?” I whispered, happiness bubbling in me. ‘Yeah, just the two of us.” He promised. 

I squealed, swinging my arms around his neck. Yes! It would be like a romantic getaway! Just us. It sounded amazing. I couldn’t wait! Although it may not be the best time, it was important to spend as much time as we could together. This was perfect. 

Chapter 32:

I gasped, the bag in my hand colliding with the floor as I stood there in shock. This morning, it was hectic. I rushed around packing my bag, not really sure what to bring as it was my first time ever going on a trip. Blake just stood there, laughing, as he watched me. 

But I had finally finished packing my bags--satisfied with the amount I brought. We had climbed into Blake’s shiny, sleek car and set off. But of course not before saying goodbye to everyone. It had taken us a few stops, and hours to finally reach our destination. And it was definitely worth it. 

It was in the woods, but also it wasn’t too secluded. Sunshine peaked out from the trees, the big branches covering the sky. The trees were gnarled, old from age. History woven in every sway, the quiet chirping of birds. It was a house, made of wooden logs. Small and cosy. A door was carved in, with a small chimney at the side of the roof. 

It was the type of house that I would love to live in when I got older. Beside the cabin, there was a lake. Sunlight reflected on it making it seem like glass. It was surrounded by trees. Everything was so...beautiful. It was magical.  

“Blake..” I whispered. He looked at me nervous, like a little boy. I giggled, he looked so cute. “It’s wonderful.” I say softly, with a small smile. He grinned, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me closer to his side. 

“Yeah it is, isn’t it.” He said gazing around. 

I lightly stepped forward, feeling like those princesses in stories. Where I’ve come and hid in a magical place where my Prince Charming will come and rescue me! I chuckled. Well there is one flaw in that story, I mused. My Prince Charming...has already come for me. Speaking of that, this certain Prince Charming was already at the footsteps of the house, while I was daydreaming! 

Running forwards, I jumped up and he just manage to slide in the keys and quickly turn around to catch me. My legs hugged his hips, my arms laced around his neck as I nuzzled his nose. Blake smiled at me lovingly, holding me up with one hand as he picked up the bags with the other. Kicking the door open, he stepped inside and my eyes widened. Wow...

It wasn’t like a 5-star hotel or anything as extravagant as that but it was unlike anything I’ve ever seen. It was small, divided into three different parts and connected by the living room. On one side there was a small kitchen, in the middle was the living room which consisted of a TV, a couch and a few sofa chairs. On the other side there lay a big King sized bed with a small desk on the side. It was perfect for a short holiday get-away. 

Cheekily smiling at Blake when he turned his head to look at me, I hopped off his back and went flying towards the bed. Take a huge jump, I soared in the air before landing on the soft bed with a thud! Giggling, I rolled around, hugging the comforter closer. 

I sighed happily, now this was heaven. Heaven... Bolting up right, I shook my head. Now was not the time to think these thoughts...but what is the right time? “Blake!” I shouted. “We have to go back... I can’t believe I actually left, and at this time! They need us!” I ranted as the full consequences of our actions head-butted me. What kind of person was I to leave Hayden and Alec at their time of need! How could I be so selfish?! And I promised, I promised I’d be by their side!