Chapter 24

Recap: 

He laid me down on our bed, and I curled up, my back against him. I cried convulsively, shuddering every few sobs. Blake just pulled me in him, holding me. 

That was all I needed, but I kept thinking. Alexis didn’t have someone to comfort her, she didn’t have anyone with her right now. Her face reappeared in my mind, the emptiness then pain. I’ve never seen someone hurt that deep, she was my family now. 

I couldn't even imagine her pain. But she was a fighter, she'll fight through this. 

Chapter 23: 

Blake POV: 

I sighed, my head in my hands. Bella had gone to sleep last night crying, and it hurt knowing I couldn’t stop it. I checked up on Alexis a few hours earlier, and she was asleep. I couldn’t believe it, I was happy she had finally got some rest. 

I wanted to kill Alec for what he did to Alexis but something felt missing. Like something just didn’t fit. If he was rejecting her because he didn’t want her, why would he say the words he wasn’t good for her? 

I pondered on my thoughts when I heard a crash. I swung around to see Travis wincing with a pot smashed onto the floor. I smirked as he looked up wide eyes frantic as if ready to run. 

I wasn’t going to give him the chance. “Travis, come here.”  I demanded, using my Alpha voice. He unwillingly walked towards me as I scrutinised him. He’d been avoiding me for this past week and I didn’t like it. We were best friends, we didn’t keep things from each other. 

He looked away from my gaze, shuffling nervously. “Dude, whats up?” I asked. “You’ve been avoiding me ever since those rogues came back.” That’s when it hit me. “Wait... does this have to do with them?” 

His eyes snapped up in a panic but he quickly disguised it. “Did they harm you? I’ll kill them.” I threatened. Travis’s head snapped up, rage filled his face. “Don’t you dare touch him!” He growled. My wolf raged inside me for being talked this way but I tried to control my temper. 

His eyes widened as he realized his mistake and quickly bent his head in a show of submission. “Sorry Alpha.” I looked at him confused, he had never spoken to me like that before. He acted the way only a mated wolf would. 

“Travis,” I testily said. “Is there something you need to tell me?” He guilty looked down, anywhere that wasn’t me. “N-No.” He stuttered. “Travis.” I demanded, this was serious. If he was involved with them, it might be dangerous. 

“I thinks he’s my mate!” He blurted out before slapping a hand over his mouth. I just stared at him, that’s impossible. 

“Hayden, I think he’s my mate! I didn’t mean it to happen! I just bumped into him when I walking and it was like my whole world exploded. He may be a rouge but he didn’t seem bad! B-But after he saw him he ran away! It crushed me and I had just met him! It was like I was nothing without him! What if he’s different, what if he’s not like the others?” He pleaded. 

I just stared, shocked. He finally found his mate and I was happy for him but... he was rogue. They can’t be trusted, Hayden’s brother already proved that. But something about them felt suspicious, they looked like they were running, but running from what? 

Rogues are dangerous, usually get kicked out of their pack because of their behavior or their greed for power. But they didn’t seem that way, so what was it? I think a mate would be good for Travis, he deserves it. I remember the first time he told me he was gay. We were both 15. 

-

“Travis!” I shouted. “Hurry up!” I was sitting on the stool in the kitchen, waiting for him to finish picking the movie. “H-Hey Blake.” Travis stammered, causing me to look up. 

“Yeah, what’s wrong dude.” I asked, his tone seemed nervous. He sat across from me, nervously looking around, wringing his hands. “Um I’ve been wanting to tell you something.” 

That got my full attention and I focused on him. He sat down on the stool opposite me, clutching the DVD tightly. 

“I’m gay.” He stammered. 

I looked at him seriously, then burst out laughing. “You’re joking.” He seemed so sad, hurt. “Right?” I asked, unsure. He e sighed, “I am gay.” I blinked. “Oh.” It took a while for my brain to think up a response and I just said. “When?” 

“Ever since I was 13 and realised I wasn’t attracted to girls.” He replied. You would have never thought it of Travis to be gay. He was tall, muscular and good looking from what I’ve heard. He has blonde hair and green eyes, it was surprising, but he was my best friend. 

I wasn’t going to just hate him, he is who he is and I’ll accept it. He needed me, now more then ever and I wasn’t going to turn my back on him although it will need some getting used to. 

I grinned, wiggling my eyebrows. “So anyone you got in mind?” He blushed spluttering and I could see the relief in his eyes. “No!” He protested. 

I just laughed, this could be fun. 

-

I was brought out of my thoughts with someone shaking me. My head snapped up and I stared into Travis’s worried  green eyes. I realised that maybe he’s right. They might be different, but I plan on getting some explanations first. They are a danger to me, Bella and my pack. 

“It’s okay, just stay on your guard okay?” I worried. He nodded, I could see the delight in his eyes. A familiar sweet, intoxicating smell filled my senses and I looked past to see my beautiful mate standing in the doorway rubbing her eyes sleepily, a small smile on her face. 

She yawned, walking towards me plopping herself on my lap. I put my arms around her, placing a kiss on her head and smiling fondly. I secretly put my finger over my lips, looking over her to Travis, telling him not to mention it. 

I didn’t want her more stressed. Soft foot steps padded across the floor and all 3 of us turned and saw Alexis there standing, a blanket around her and wearing a weak smile. 

I smiled back, we all did. This was a start, an improvement. She wasn’t alone, we would be there for her, the entire way. 

Now all I have to do is get some answers.