Chapter 15

Recap:

I walked back towards her room, the aching feeling lessening as I got closer. I opened the door and headed towards where she was. I lifted the covers and slipped in beside her. 

I took great pleasure knowing that she missed me subconsciously as she snuggled closer towards me. I wrapped my hands around her, intertwining our legs. Her head was on the crook of my neck, and I sighed in bliss.

It felt so right, her in my arms. I closed my eyes, for a small rest, enjoying the feel of her pressed up against me.

Chapter 15:

I snuggled closer to the incredibly comfortable pillow. It pulled me closer to it, and it was so warm and soft. Wait? Pillows can’t move. I pried my eyes open and realised that Blake had his arms around me, his face in the crook of my neck and my right leg, right arm were swung over his body so it was kind of like I was straddling him but sideways.

I tried to move away but he tightened his grip on me, crushing me to him.

He groaned as I tried shoving him but that didn’t work either. “What?” He said blearily. “Move,” I complained. “No,” He moaned and snuggled closer, pushing his face deeper in the crook of my neck.

“Blake,” I whined. He sighed, and yawned before letting go off me and getting off the bed. Suddenly I felt cold when he wasn’t holding me and I shook my head, telling myself not to act like some needy person.

I didn’t want to destroy the mood but I had to say it. “Blake, what happened to my dad.” I timidly asked.

Blake’s face immediately darkened, “He’s dead.” I gasped, tears building up. I know he didn’t love me but as sad as it was, I loved him. He was still my father, drunk, abusing and all.

I know he had faults, but everyone did. He just made some bad mistakes. “Why are you crying?” He asked, I knew he was annoyed at me for crying. “I know what he did was horrible but Blake, I-I loved him.”

“Why!” He exclaimed. I cried, “Cause he’s my father!” I burst into tears and Blake pulled me in to his arms whispering, “I’m sorry, so so sorry.” I stopped crying, and tried smiling but it was wobbly. “At least now he’s where he always wanted to be, with my mom.”

Blake looked confused before asking, “What happened to your mom?” My breath caught in my throat, and I didn’t answer for a while. “Maybe one day I’ll tell you, not today though.”

I didn’t want to see his reaction when I told him that it was my fault she died and I killed her. He nodded, knowing not to ask any more questions. I swung my legs over the bed and nearly toppled over but Blake ended up catching me.

“Are you sure you want to walk around?” He asked concerned. I nodded my head firmly, I was not going to be cooped up like a chicken.

I hopped out the room with Blake holding me, when suddenly I stopped short in the hallway. “Blake?” I asked, shocked. “What am I going to do? Where am I going to live?” I started hyperventilating and Blake turned towards me and firmly said, “It’s alright, you’ll stay with me.”

I looked at him in disbelief, “No, I couldn’t do that. It would be too much.”  He smiled, “We would love to have you stay so you will.” He said as if it was his decision and not mine before nodding happily. 

I sighed, knowing to give up but secretly inside I jumping up and down with happiness ready to explode. “Well,” I smiled brightly. “I guess I going to have to stay here aren’t I. Now can I go out for some fresh air.” We walked down the hallways and out the door.

I suddenly felt like a huge weight had been taken off me and I immediately felt bad for thinking that as my father had just died.

We walked until we were beside the house then I flopped onto the grass, spreading my legs and arms apart like when you’re trying to make an angel in the snow. Blake sat next to me playing with my hair as the wind blew it when he suddenly curiously asked a question.

“Why are you so at ease with people? I get that sometimes you get scared but less then a person with your history normally would?” I smiled understanding his confusion.

 “Because I learned that there is good in everyone. Until a person has done something to make me not trust them, I shouldn't judge them for what someone else did. But sometimes I do flinch or get scared but that doesn’t mean I don’t try not to.”

Blake looked at me amazed and proud.  “You know you’re amazing right?” I shrugged feeling blood rush to my cheeks.

He stood up suddenly pulling me up with him. I whined but stopped short when Blake pulled out a rose from where he was secretly hiding it. 

“Isabella, would you do the honours of going on a date with me?” I gasped in shock. Why would he want to go out with me? There were so many girls far better looking then plain old me.

His smile started disappearing and he turned more nervous. I realized my mistake and practically screamed, “YES !!!”

I jumped into his arms and he stumbled back before catching me, holding me towards him. I put my arms around his neck. “Yes, yes, yes. A million times yes.” I exclaimed. He chuckled holding me tighter.

At that moment I was completely happy, nothing could have ruined the moment. And I was where I would always want to be, in Blake’s arms.