Chapter 22

Recap:

I grabbed his hand and smiled. “We have a new student today!” I looked up, he had dirty blonde hair and blue eyes, muscular. I saw him staring at me and I frowned. 

Wait, I thought. He wasn’t staring at me but more at beside me. I looked to my left and saw Alexis. Her eyes were wide, and she let out a gasp. 

They looked at each other like they were the only people in the world, like when I met Blake. I gasped figuring it out. 

Were they mates? 

Chapter 22:

“Alexis!” I rushed, trying to catch up to her. “What?” She asked innocently as I walked beside her. I bumped my shoulder against her, “don’t play dumb.” She sighed, looking around before dragging me off to the janitor’s closet.

She shut the door and turned towards me. “You know we’re shifters right?” I nodded. “And you know about mates?” I nodded again, when I realized something.

“I knew it! He’s your mate!” I cried. She let a small smile slip, but I could apprehension in her eyes. “What?” I questioned, sure she seemed happy but yet a bit off. Suddenly her face closed off, a guard held up. “Nothing!” She exclaimed in the bright fake cheery voice. “Everything’s perfect.”

“Alexis.” I sighed, grabbing her hand. “You can tell me. I’ve been through things too in my life, but I got over them because of Blake, my mate.”

She looked up at me, the mask suddenly gone, vulneribility in it’s place. “I-I” She cleared her throat. “Fine I'll tell you, but don't look at me differently after okay? I was a late bloomer, I guess you could say.” I looked at her puzzled.

“Most werewolves turn at 13, but I didn’t. I guess you could say my wolf was too weak to shift yet, at that time our pack was sharing territory with another. I guess you could say I was b-bullied. At first it was just insults being thrown my way from the other pack but after a while that changed.”

I gasped, grabbing her into my arms as I figured out what happened. She wrapped her arms around me, she placed her chin on my shoulder and continued, maybe a bit stronger this time cause of the comfort of a friend.

“They got physical, at first just rough shoves and a push around. They would sneer in my faces saying that I was weak and pathetic that even my wolf was to embarrassed to shift. They started leaving bruises, sometimes cuts and yet I didn’t say anything. It wasn’t that I was afraid that they would do something once I’ve told, no it was more of the pack then me.At young I learned, that you do what’s best for your pack. I learned that because if anything were to happen to Blake, the Alpha role would be passed to me. I thought, at that time, that if I told my pack, it might’ve caused a war. As you see, the people bullying me was the Alpha-to-be and his friends.” I reared back, struck by the news.

“But isn’t the Alpha supposed to be the protector…?” I asked, tilting my head to the side. “Yes. But this Alpha, wasn’t the supposed Alpha, he was their nephew. Their son had been killed and they didn’t have any other children causing the Alpha to make his brother’s son, soon to be Alpha.” She answered.