Chapter 23

Recap:

How can that happen, that one person in the entire universe that was made for you and you only. There really must be something wrong with me.  

I gasped out for air as it seemed like I couldn’t breathe. I gripped Bella’s hand hard, whispering the words over and over again as I curled up into a ball, rocking back and forth. “He rejected me.” Tears seemed to fall one by one, but they were meaningless in the whirlwind of pain that sent a havoc through my body.

I whimpered, sounds that gradually got louder and louder till I was just screaming in pain as Bella hugged me close to her as tears poured out of both of us. It hurt, goddamn it hurt so much.

Chapter 23: 

I paced back and forth, biting my nails nervously. “She hasn’t eaten in days!” Blake growled out, slamming his fist onto the table making me jump in fright. “I know.” I whispered softly and weakly, going to him rubbing his back soothingly.

“I’ve tried talking to her, but she just sits there. It’s like she’s not there.... like she doesn’t exist. She just sits there, staring into the wall.” My voice cracked. 

“I don’t know what to do.” I whispered softly. Blake sat me down on his lap, “I should’ve protected her! I should’ve known!” He growled out, shaking his head hopelessly. I could see how much this pained him, unable to do anything, Alexis was his sister. I knew how close they were, it was only natural after all they’ve been through together. 

The meeting had gone well, I didn’t really notice. My mind was too occupied with Alexis. I just remember everyone being happy that I was Alpha female although I did see a few jealous faces. Blake had decided not to introduce Alexis’s mate, Alec, his brother, Hayden, and the problems we were facing, knowing that it would add more tension. 

Just remembering the last time I saw her... the hopelessness and brokenness in her face... it just pained me. I felt so weak, desperate... I couldn’t do anything. 

The mood in the house was always somber, it’s been affecting all of us. Every morning I see Diane’s face, or mom as she prefered me calling her. Her eyes always puffy like she’s been crying, I’m sure mine’s not much different. 

I got up, wanting to check on her. No matter how bad she is, I’ll alway’s be there. I could see how broken she is, every time I mentioned the word mate, she would cringe. She hasn’t spoken to me, but I kept trying. I didn’t expect this, I didn’t know it would hurt that bad. 

“I’m going to see her.” I whispered softly. Blake nodded, I could see how much he wanted to help. I gave him a kiss reassuringly. I walked out the room and up the stairs, to her bedroom. She’s always curled up in that ball, staring blankly at that same spot. 

I just don’t know what to do. I feel so weak, and I can’t count the amount of tears that have fell down my cheek every night, just thinking of her. 

Alexis POV: 

I feel so empty, hollow. I’m not numb, I can feel everything. The pain, it’s like he viciously ripped out my heart. I’m worthless, pathetic. I’m alive, I know I am but I feel so dead. I haven’t cried since then, every time I feel like I’m going to cry, something makes me stop. Unable to express how I really feel.