Chapter 17

Recap:

Yes, he was a horrible old bastard but no one deserves to die.

I breathed in the fresh air, looking up at the moonlight sky.

When suddenly I was grabbed causing me to scream but the sound was muffled by the cloth that was pressed on to my mouth. I panicked, thrashing around, my breathing increasing. I felt drowsiness sinking in as I fought but the arms holding me were too strong.

I was suddenly so very tired, I tried to stay awake but I couldn’t so I gave in. Letting the darkness overcome me. But before I let all consciousness fade from me I heard a chuckle.

That voice, it sounded familiar, I had heard it before.

Chapter 17:

Blake POV:

I paced around nervously, she still wasn’t back. I wasn’t comfortable letting her out of my sight after what happened but I knew she needed this. It had been hard on her this last week and I had hoped that the date might’ve taken her mind of it even just for a while.

I groaned, I know I should give her more time but she’s my mate. If anything happened to her I don’t think I could handle it. I sat down, tapping my fingers in a rhythm nervously.

My head snapped up as I heard the door slam open. The sound filling my senses with a sense of dread.

Trisha stumbled in, clothes torn, collapsing on the floor.

I rushed towards her, exhaustion clear on her face yet something felt missing. “What happened?” I asked, helping her up and seating her on the couch.

Tears streamed down her face, pack members filing into the room wondering what was wrong.

Every word she said, pierced my heart with dread.

“I was walking through the forest when I heard a scream,” She whispered, fear clouded her eyes as she remembered. “A woman’s scream. I ran to check it out, Blake’s mate Isabella, had a man holding her as she struggled.”

I started shaking as my wolf howled in pain. I couldn’t listen any more, but I had to. “I tried helping, but I was attacked from behind. I ran, I’m sorry.” She sobbed. “I was so scared.” She confessed. “I ran as fast as I could, as they continued chasing me.”

She started crying, and I felt like strangling her. How dare she just leave my mate in danger! But there’s no point in getting angry at her, she did try to help.

Pack members whispered, but I couldn’t hear. I want my mate.

I want her now, safe in my arms.

As she cried, I studied her. She seemed fake, like she was pretending.