Chapter 34

Thank you, dear amazing readers, especially those who commented. Please keep reading. I would love to know your views on my chapters.

Author's PoV:

Ashiya woke up for fajr and sat on the prayer mat long after she was done. She looked at her henna clad hands and they were beautiful. Just below the index finger of her right hand, a name was written. A name that the Almighty had written next to hers fifty thousand years before the sky was introduced to the sea. It was his name written beautifully in Arabic. A smile appeared on her lips as soon as she thought about him. She stood up, folded the mat and placed it on the table. She then went and stood in front of her mirror.

Her reflection beamed. Her hair was messy but looked good, thanks to the spa girl, her face glowed because of her mother's home remedies and her lips were curved into a smile. That smile was because of one man, her man. The thought made her blush.

Ahan, on the other hand, had just returned from the mosque when he decided to go the terrace to get a smell of dawn air. When he reached there, the view mesmerised him. It was still dark and the city looked asleep. The street lights glowed and he could hear cool breeze singing to him. Closing his eyes he murmured an Alhamdulillah for this view, his family, his health, wealth and most importantly, his Ashiya. The thought of her put a beautiful smile on his face and he murmured a hundred more Alhamdulillahs.

Ashiya's PoV:

The whole house was full of chatters from aunties, youngsters and kids. I could hear Ammi scolding someone in the hallway and I shook my head with a sigh. I was sitting in my room with Shifa, Saira, Sam, Lucky and my cousins, Areefa, Jiya and Dua. I was wearing my nikah dress with very little make up on my face. The ladies around me kept teasing me every now and then, talking about adult stuff and laughing whenever my eyes went wide with astonishment.
They were all dressed up in pretty dresses and it was safe to say that we all looked no less than angels.

"I must say Ahan is a lucky man," Dua commented with a smirk. "He's going to get a treat tonight," she winked and everyone cheered making me red from head to toe. What is their obsession with embarrassing me all the time?

"In that sense," Shifa spoke," Ashiya is lucky too. You see, Ahan is a handsome man and I bet he has got six pack abs." Has he?

"I don't think these two will be coming out of their room for at least a week," Jiya grinned.

"Stop it, I warn you guys," I glared and they just laughed.

Suddenly we heard someone running and the door of my room flew open. Isra, my eight year old distant cousin entered, holding the wall for support and panting for breath.

"Baraat aagayi appi," She managed to say and my heart almost came to my mouth.

.

.

.

I sat with the nikah papers kept in front of me which I had just signed. I sighed under my veil and looked up. Ammi stood a few steps away from me, her eyes looked misty. She was smiling at me and I smiled back at her. It felt a little weird. I felt myself being engulfed in a hug and realised it was Mariam Khala. She kissed my forehead and patted my cheeks.

"Welcome to the family," she said with a grin and I smiled back. She then got up and went to hug Ammi. Both of them looked so happy and so contented. Khala said something to Ammi and they both chuckled.

"Appi!" I heard a whisper and saw that Areefa was leaning towards my ear. "Just so you know, Jiju is looking handsome as hell tonight. I hope you don't drool over him," She giggled and moved back before I could smack her. I was then hugged by my relatives and friends and they all congratulated me.