Chapter 9

Ashiya's PoV:

The car ride back home was silent with me stealing occasional glances at the furious man who was holding the steering wheel so tightly that his knuckles looked red. Prepare yourself for your death Ashu, my subconscious spoke.

As we reached home, I practically ran out of the car like a mad woman. On entering the house, I saw Khala sitting on the couch. She sighed in relief as she saw me but quickly it was replaced by fear when I felt a presence behind me.

"I was jus--"

"Go to your room," He said without hearing me. He was looking at the floor.

"I can exp--"

"I said go to your room!" He cut me again without looking up, his voice higher this time. I looked over at Khala and she signalled me to obey him to which I nodded and left them there.

That was strange! He didn't shout at me. He didn't scold me. Hell! He didn't even tell Khala about what happened on the way. But why? Is he upto something? My inner Sherlock Holmes questioned. He must be too tired to shout, my mind said. But he seemed angry in the car, subconscious argued. Thank Allah that he didn't explode like a volcano on you, my mind retorted.
He's right! Alhamdulillah, he didn't lash out or else I don't know how I would have faced him. I need to perform 2 units of nafl prayer to thank Allah (s.w.t).

.

.

.

.

.

Ahan's PoV:

To say that I was angry would be an understatement. I was feeling like a volcano ready to erupt but I avoided looking at her to my control my fury. Moreover, she was our guest and a woman. I didn't want to say something that I'll regret later on therefore I just told her to go to her room.

"Calm down Ahan..." Mom whispered, rubbing my back.

"Mom you have no idea what would have happened if...," I said trying hard not to yell, "this girl is so irresponsible! And how could you let her go alone Mom??"

"I'm sorry Ahan, I don't know what happened or what would have happened but for now, relax..." Listening to her I made my way towards my room to take a cold shower in order cool myself down.

This girl is such a troublemaker!

At the dinner table Mom tried to reduce the tension by trying to make small talks.
Arhaan talked about his work and we listened. Ashiya was silent throughout and it was good. She needs to learn discipline. I am sure today's incident was enough to teach her an important lesson.

.

.

.

The next day, as I made my way to the dining table, I saw Ashiya laughing hysterically over something Mom told her. They were in the kitchen. This girl...I should have known that she's never gonna change. Sighing, I went and sat down.

"Goodmorning Bhai," I heard Arhaan who came and sat on one of the chairs around the table. Mom looked up and smiled as she saw us. Ayan joined us as he came running from outside in his track pants.

"Morning brothers..." He said panting as took a seat beside me.

"Good morning," I replied.

"You're just wasting your energy, lil bro," Arhaan said looking at Ayan, "these morning walks ain't gonna help you if you don't eat healthy."

"He's right," I said to which Ayan rolled his eyes.

"Brothers, you know I am a foodie," he said as he shoved some fruits inside his mouth.

"Eat like a human," I said slapping him lightly on his head, "and Arhaan is right. You need to eat healthy if you wish to stay fit."

"Bhai, I have already accepted the fact that I can't have six pack abs like you do," he spoke while chewing, "and besides, it's not like I'm fat or something. I am just tryi...Is that a cake?" He pointed his finger at the kitchen counter excitedly.

"Yupp," Ashiya said now approaching us with the cake. "It's a chocolate cake!" she said in a sing-song manner. Mom followed her with food in hands and both of them sat side by side.

"Wow," Arhaan exclaimed, "looks yum!"

"It IS yum," Ashiya remarked with pride.

"Try it!" Mom said and both the animals attacked the cake at once. "You wanna have a piece, Ahan?" She asked.

"No thanks, Mom. You know I don't like sweets," I said and started serving myself some juice.

"That explains why..." I heard a faint whisper from Ashiya and snapped my head at her direction. She quickly started putting food on her plate.