Chapter 50

Reminder: Offer your salah before reading this.

Done?

Now go ahead. Happy reading.

Author's PoV:

It was just before lunch time when Ashiya returned from her shopping spree. She had been out since morning to buy groceries, some pyjamas, t-shirts and, of course, some sexy clothing. She already had lingeries that her friends had bought for her before her wedding but she didn't dare to wear those. They were too much for her cowardly self and she knew it.

Ashiya sneaked inside the bedroom and locked the door. She took all the items out on the bed. Picking up the black nighty which she got herself, she looked at it in nervousness. It reached just above her thighs and was simple and plain with fine laces near the helm. The neck region wasn't too deep but still deep enough for her.

Heaving a deep sigh, she put the dress in a deep corner of her closet. She then took the groceries to put them in the kitchen. There she saw Ahan who was pouring water for himself. He had his reading glasses on which indicated that he had been in the study room busy with his work.

"Hey, busy guy," Ashiya tapped on his shoulder making him turn around and smile.

"You're back," he half sat on the kitchen counter and gulped the water down his throat. "What did you buy?"

Ashiya scratched her neck as she spoke, "Groceries, some trousers and t-shirts." And a nightie to make you drool over me, her subconscious winked. "Ahem…," she cleared her throat to shove wicked thoughts away, "were you working?"

"Yeah, a business collaborator from Maldives is to make a visit to our company by the end of December so all of us are working pretty hard for this new project."

"Oh, it's already the middle of December. The next couple of weeks are gonna be hectic for you, right?" She felt worried for him. He must be having tons of work.

He nodded. "It's what keeps me going, the load you know." Even though she knew that her husband loved his work, she couldn't help notice his hunched shoulders and how he kept massaging his neck every now and then.

"You look so tired," she commented to which Ahan gave a slight nod.

"It's temporary," he waved.

"Umm," She smiled, "let's have lunch. I got you mushroom salad from your favourite restaurant."

"Thanks wifey," he mused as he planted a kiss on her cheek.

.

.

.

.

.

Ashiya's PoV:

The day went by pretty normally. After lunch, Ahan got busy with his work while I spent my time in the library. Later, we prayed Asr and Maghrib together and sat down to watch some television.

"I'm sorry for having been busy lately," I said in a low voice as I lay my head on his shoulder. "It's just that the season is bad and there are a number of fever and flu related cases…" I kinda felt bad for not having spent much time with Ahan. I knew my work was important and I knew Ahan understood that as well but it still made me sad that we weren't getting to enjoy each other's company lately.

"Don't feel sorry for doing your duty, Ashiya," he spoke softly, "and we both have been busy lately. In fact, the next few weeks are gonna be too heavy work wise so we gotta make use of these little moments we get in between." I felt his head rest on mine as he joined our hands. "But don't fret, I'm yours and you're mine. Plus, I'll make sure to make it up to you during our love sessions at night." I could hear the wickedness in his voice so I elbowed him right in his gut.

"Serves you right for your dirty mind," I stuck my tongue out at him when he glared at me.

"You're cruel," he whined like a baby, making me chuckle inwardly.

Later on, when we were done with Isha salah and dinner, we headed towards our bedroom and I told Ahan to wait for me there as I entered the bathroom.

"Won't you join me? " He pouted and I wondered how this man in his late twenties could manage to be so cute.

I nodded. "I got something to show you. Just wait here," I touched his cheek and left him.

"Be quick," I heard before I closed the bathroom door.

Once inside, I took the dress which I had already kept there. Looking at it, I took a deep breath. "Hope you won't make me look like a racoon dressed in polythene." The dress stared mutely at me. It was pretty. It was my own body that made me insecure. I was skinny with bare minimum curves. There were scars and stretch marks and even though Ahan had seen every single inch of me, I still couldn't help but feel nervous at the mere thought of getting intimate with him. Not to forget, this was the first time that I was taking the initiative towards…

The thought made me shiver. I shook my head before the doubts could stop me from continuing my plan. I gotta do it. I took my shirt off and was about to discard my trousers when I heard Ahan's loud voice.

"What?" He was loud, "where are you now?"He sounded agitated. "I'll be there in ten minutes."

I quickly wore my shirt again and returned to the room. "Is something wrong? Where are you going? " I questioned as I saw Ahan putting on his jacket.

"It's Ayan, he got into an accident."

"What? Is he okay? Where is he?" I threw my questions at him without realising that he must be stressed already.

"He says he's okay but I need to see him. He's in your hospital," Ahan explained, picking his car keys up from the bedside table.

I grabbed my hoodie and the nearest hijab I could find from the closet. "I'm coming with you," I announced and he looked at me. Nodding, he let me follow him outside.

_________________________________________

Asr: The afternoon Islamic prayer.

Maghrib: The sunset Islamic prayer.

Isha: The evening/night Islamic prayer.

Please vote and comment. Thank you 💖