Chapter 15

Ahan's PoV:

I was descending the stairs when I heard the sound of sobbing coming from Mom's room. Curious, I walked up to check on her but I stopped on my tracks as I heard Ashiya's voice.

"You miss him a lot, don't you?"

Anger shot through my entire form as I barged inside the room. My eyes fell on Mom whose face was red, her cheeks stained with tears, and then on Ashiya. Both of them looked startled at my sudden entrance but I didn't care. How dare she speak on that topic with Mom, especially today when we're all trying to compose ourselves! I made my way near the bed where they were sitting, my eyes shooting death glare at the stupid woman who made my mother cry. Both of them stood up abruptly.

"How. Dare. You? HOW DARE YOU WOMAN???" I shouted and she jumped in fear.

"Ahan what happe--"

"No Mom, not today!" I turned to her, not ready to hear any excuse, "today, she has crossed all her limits. HOW DARE SHE INTERFERE IN OUR PERSONAL MATTER!! HOW DARE SHE!!!" I yelled and turned back to the woman. She was looking at me confused as if trying to understand what I meant. Oh what an actress!

"Why are you shouting?" She asked in a low voice. That nerve of her..."I think there's some confusion, we can talk it out..." Her voice died out in the end as I took a step towards her.

"Don't you dare try to fool me..." I threatened her, "Since the day you've come here, you're creating mess in the house. I tried to overlook your ignorance, your indisciplined behaviour, your stupidity but today... today you made my mother cry! Who gave you the right to talk about my father? Tell me, who gave you that right?" I was now fuming with anger and she stood speechless. "Don't you have sentiments? Oh, I should have known that a girl like you, who has no memory of her own father, will never understand the pain of othe--"

"AHAN!!" It was Mom's raised voice that stopped me from speaking further. "Enough is enough! How dare you speak to her like that!!" Mom yelled and I realised what I just said. Ashiya had stepped back a little and stood dumbfounded. She looked at Mom and then at me before she quietly left the room with her head lowered. Mom stared at her retreating back as she slowly sat down on the bed."What did you do Ahan...how could you.." I looked at Mom who was looking at me with disbelief in her eyes.

"Mom that woman made you cry," I tried to reason, "and you're..."

"I WASN'T CRYING BECAUSE OF HER!" Mom yelled and I looked at her, surprised and confused.

"What do you mean?"