Chapter 35

Ashiya's PoV:

I was in Ahan's bedroom, sitting on his bed and admiring the interiors. The room was big, it's walls white and there was a king sized bed placed in the centre. A three seater sofa was kept near the balcony, which led to a beautiful view of the lawn and there was a blue dressing table with mirror kept adjacent to the bedside table. A small wooden bookshelf with boring looking books was mounted on the wall and there was a huge brown cupboard attached to the wall.. There was a family picture and an LED TV put up on the wall facing the bed. The room had a fragrance that screamed who it belonged to.

I was waiting for Ahan's cousin named Ruqaiya who would be coming with a new pair of clothes for me.The ruskhsati  had been done a while ago and now I was to start my married life with my husband.

Ahan's extended family seemed to be really nice and his cousins were very welcoming. I had still not registered their names in my mind but I knew they were good people. I met Haris, Ahan's friend who cracked jokes on him and made me laugh. In gist, I wasn't feeling so odd at this house.

"Hi," I heard a voice and saw Ruqaiya standing at the door. She was carrying a bag in her right hand. "May I come in?" She smiled and I quickly nodded.

"Yes please," I answered and she entered. She was wearing a yellow kameez with white pants and white dupattaa. She had her hair down which made her look beautiful. To be honest, I felt a little insecure of myself.

"I'm Ruqaiya, Ahan Bhai's maternal cousin. I don't think anybody has told you about it but trust me I do amazing make up, of course, not that you need it much. You're very pretty I must say. And you look so young. How old are you, by the way? I'm sorry you don't have to answer that if you don't want to. Sorry..." she said all of this in one go and I just stared at her. When I didn't say anything, she touched my shoulder and I blinked. "Bhabhi? Are you okay?" She looked concerned and I nodded with a smile.

"Yeah, sorry," I said, "and thank you for the compliment. I'm twenty four." She made an O with her mouth as she heard my age.

"Okay, so this is your dress," she unzipped the bag and took out a beautiful lehnga. It was pink and had amazing embroidery on it but as I looked close, my mouth dropped.

"The blouse is...backless," I looked at her and she raised her eyebrows.

"Yeah, you don't have to go out now. The guests are gone and we'll be retiring to bed soon. You are wearing it for Bhai, you know," she winked and I blushed.

"Ruqaiya...," I tried to make her understand but didn't know what to say.

"What happened Bhabi? Don't you like it?  I can bring another dress if you want," she offered but I shook my head.

"No no, it's beautiful but...,"I fidgeted with my fingers, "it's just that I've never worn such type of dress. I don't think this will look good on me." Ruqaiya frowned and then slapped her forehead.

"Trust me, Bhabi, this will look amazing on you. You just have to be confident. You have good physique so it should not be a problem for you," she assured me and I bit my lip in nervousness. I had never ever worn a blouse like that. It was backless, short in length and the sleeves would barely cover my shoulders but it also looked pretty. I'd be lying if I said that I didn't want to wear it but I didn't know if I'd be able to carry it. I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and then nodded.

"Okay," I breathed and a wide grin appeared on Ruqaiya's face.

.

.

.

This was a bad idea. A very, very bad idea. I knew I shouldn't have tried to do such a stunt. These type of dresses aren't made for me. Ya Allah! Why did I have to make fun of myself?