Chapter 21

Ahan's PoV:

It was our first morning since Ashiya left and I was already feeling her absence. Everything I looked at reminded me of her: the chair she used to sit on around the dining table, the cutlery she to play with while eating, the couch she used to half lay on with her feet on the table in front, and the kitchen where she used to help Mom. Even the soaked almonds placed on a bowl in the kitchen reminded me of her big brown eyes. Shit!Have I gone mad? I need to stop thinking about her!

I was in my office trying to do some work but her thoughts kept invading my mind. Damn I need to stop! I needed distraction. Anything that could get her out of my mind. I searched for my mobile and found it under a blue file. I logged into my Insta ID and started looking at pictures of others. One guy had put up a picture of himself and a little girl in his arms. They were both smiling at the camera and I found it cute so I double tapped on it. I scrolled further and found Ayan's post. It was selfie taken at his friend's house. The caption read "busy in studies". Yeah right! This guy is a social media freak. I scrolled more and suddenly a picture popped up in the "People You May Know" section. The Universe is conspiring against me!

Ashiya Zarin, Muslimah, Medical Student, and a Poetry lover. Poetry? She likes poetry? That's news. Number of posts 15, 785 followers and 342 following. I clicked on her profile to have a better look but to my disappointment it was a private account. Sighing I kept my phone on the table and went back to the files waiting for my attention.

.

.

.

Ashiya's PoV:

"What? Why?" I yelled in surprise and Ammi just shrugged. She had just cared to inform me that a proposal had come for me and the guy was to visit today in the evening to see me. I mean WHAT THE HELL??

"What do you mean by "why"? You're all grown up and you got your job too. Now the only thing left is marriage," she said casually as if it was the most obvious thing. Yes, I got accepted as a physician in the City Hospital last month and I was to start from next week. But that doesn't mean that I have to get married now. "Don't worry, I'll get your Nikah done and you'll stay with me till your M.B.B.S. isn't completed. The boy will only meet you today so please behave well."

"I don't wanna get married!" I whined and heard a chuckle. It was Banu Phupi, our house help. "Stop laughing," I glared at her and that only caused her to laugh louder. "I hate you all!" I yelled and barged out of the room.

.

.

.

I tiptoed into the kitchen and found Banu Phupi alone. Alhamdulillah, Ammi isn't here. Phupi saw me and raised an eyebrow to which I grinned. Banu Phupi had been helping us since I was a kid. She had become just like a family member. She was a widow and had two daughters and a son. Whenever I needed something from Ammi, I would tell Phupi about it and then she'd convey it to Ammi.

"What do you want?" She asked me as if I was a criminal.

"Your help," I replied.

"Didn't you say that you hate us all a few moments ago?" She said and I rolled my eyes.

"I was just kidding Phupi," I smiled but she continued to look at me suspiciously. "You do know that I love you so much," I said and kissed her cheek, "and I also know that you love me too. That is why I have come here to ask for your help."

"What kinda help?"

"I don't want to marry this guy!" I said and she sighed.

"But why not?" She asked.

"Because...I feel it's just so early. I just got a job and I want to experience certain things before getting tied down with a man. Please help me Phupi. Please Pleeeaase!" I begged and she looked at me for few seconds before finally nodding.

"Okay...so what do I have to do?"

"Oh nothing much," I grinned and explained my entire plan to her.