Chapter 55

Reminder: Salah before anything else.

Happy Reading:)

*2 years later*

Ashiya's PoV:

"Stop breathing so loudly," I groaned as I surfed through Netflix with Ahan beside me. He was working on his laptop, in absolute silence but I was just too annoyed for a reason unknown. "And don't look at me."

I saw him keeping his laptop aside from my peripheral view and felt him focusing his entire attention on me. "What happened?" I don't know! "Your annoyance is really worrying me," his voice was so soft and full of care that it instantly made me regret how I treated him.

"I'm sorry," I threw my head back and shut my eyes. I felt so tired and done with everything around me. "I guess it's my menstrual cycle. My courses are due, it's been two weeks and it's so irrita–"

"Hold on," Ahan shifted and sat upright. He was shirtless and his hair was unkempt. His eyes looked surprised and alarmed. "You missed your periods?"

I scratched my neck and thought deeply. He ain't thinking about me being… "It's not that serious," I tried to sound relaxed but a part of me had already started panicking. "I mean we use protection everytime we…you know."
I suddenly saw him shaking his head lightly as he stared ahead like he was recalling some memory.

"Except last week," his gaze met mine and he held it firmly. "You were quite eager to…" he bit his lip and I remained motionless, trying to remember what he was talking about.

It was a busy week since Khala had come to stay with us for a few days. Ahan was also having a hectic schedule at work so he had become a little demanding during our sessions. He would barge inside the house and ask me to sneak inside our room. A similar instance occurred one day as I sat in the library with Khala and received his message.

"Bedroom in five minutes," it had read. I looked around in embarrassment and found Khala busy with a novel in her hand.

"Not now, I'm with Khala," I replied.

"It won't be long. Just come already and I'll let you leave in half an hour." I knew he wasn't going to give up so I just sighed and got up with the excuse of using the washroom.

"Twenty minutes," I announced as I entered the room and saw Ahan leaning against the balcony door. He smirked and walked in my direction while loosening his tie and igniting fire in my belly.

"I'll try," he whispered and started kissing me. I grabbed his shoulder and pulled him close. Damn it! I was getting desperate. He led us to the bed and made me lie down after taking my dress off. He then undressed himself and went to the drawer. "Be quick!" I yelled impatiently.

He searched desperately but found nothing. He then reached for the cupboard and started looking inside it. "I don't have much time," I was getting restless.

"I can't find the condoms," his voice came out raspy. I was beginning to get frustrated. "Where did you keep them?"

I got up from the bed and grabbed his arm. "Forget those," I pulled him and we fell on our bed. "Just do it," my rough voice grazed his cheek followed by my lips.

"As you wish," he breathed before joining our mouths and bodies together.

My eyes widened as the memory ended and I gasped in shock. "I wasn't…eager," I looked everywhere but him. What did I...How could...I slammed my face on my palms and muffled a scream. How reckless I was to have done such a stupid thing. I wanted to have a planned pregnancy, not something like this where I conceive because of my forgetfulness. I felt flustered, confused, and above all, scared. A hand touched my head and caressed it, making me look up.

"What do I do now?" I could feel my throat getting heavy. "What if I really am…" I paused as the word felt full of responsibility, "pregnant? Are you ready to become a father?"

Ahan lowered himself to come face to face with me. Cupping my face, he spoke in the most tender tone, the one you'd use with a child. "Darling, I was ready to start a family with you the moment I signed on the Nikah papers. It is you whose consent matters the most. It is your body, the one that will change and go through struggles. Of course I will stay by your side throughout but it is still your body. So tell me, are you ready to become a mother?"

I stared at the man and thought about his question. Was I ready for motherhood? Was I ready to nurture a life inside my womb? A life that would tie Ahan and me like never before. Was I ready to grow it with the love of my life, and see it turn out to be a version of either him or me, or maybe both of us? Was I ready to step on this journey of life, a road that would change me, hurt my body and test my sanity?

I inhaled sharply and saw Ahan, my husband, my love, my biggest support and my beautiful Jinnat. His hand was still resting on my head and he had concerned look on his gorgeous face. He was worried about me. Oh, you adorable thing.

"Yes," I spoke out loud and clear, "yes I am."

His face softened and a smile appeared, so splendid and magnificent that I sensed my heartbeat stop for a moment.

.

.

.

We were in my gynaecologist Doctor Mira's clinic waiting for my results after I got examined. Ahan remained seated peacefully whereas I kept moving my leg constantly out of anxiety and excitement. What if the results came negative? What if it's nothing but just hormonal imbalance that's delaying my periods? What if Ahan becomes disappointed?

Hundreds of questions ran in my mind, causing me to increase the speed of my leg movement. Ahan placed his hand on my thigh, immediately making it come to a halt as he rubbed it lightly. It felt comforting.

"Mr and Mrs. Rahman," Doctor Mira's voice made me straighten up. She was still reading my reports, eyeing it up and down. She read the last page and I saw her lips tilting a little upward. "Congratulations," she put the report down and looked at both of us, "you guys are going to become parents."

_________________________________________

My grandmother is fine now, Alhamdulillah. She has been discharged from the hospital and is back home. Thank you everyone for your prayers.

Also, this book will be completed in the next few chapters so please keep showering your love. I can't believe how far we have come together.

Anyway, I'll save my love dovey words for sometime later. Please don't forget to vote and comment.

Love and peace to everyone 💓