Chapter 49

I know I'm super late. Some of you might even be angry and I understand. I apologise for taking such a long break but trust me when I say that I needed it. There were a lot of things going on, family and career wise, that needed my attention. Anyway, I thank all those who waited for the update and I'm hopeful that you won't be disappointed.

Ashiya's PoV:

I sat in the cafeteria of our hospital and looked at the table across from mine where a guy was seated. He had flowers and some chocolates and he looked around Ahan's age. He looked chirpy and kept glancing at his wrist watch.

"He's here to pick up his wife and his newborn. They'll be discharged after the break," I heard Shifa's voice as she took a seat beside me with a cup of hot tea in her hand. "Having a child of your own must be a beautiful feeling, I guess. May Allah protect his family from evil eyes." I nodded in agreement as I took a sip of my coffee. "When are you going to have it, by the way?"

I looked up with my eyebrows raised. "Have what?"

"A baby,of course," she rolled her eyes at me as if it was the dumbest question she had heard in her lifetime.

I laughed as I rubbed my eyes. I was tired from all the work I had been doing since the last two weeks. It had been hectic since the cold season arrived with a number of new patients coming everyday. Believe it or not, but Ahan and I haven't been able to spend some time together ever since winter started. I always had some work or the other every time I was at home. I actually felt guilty for not giving him enough attention but boy he was patient with me. When I say he's the most cool headed person I've ever met, I don't exaggerate.

"It's hardly been a year since we got married," I spoke as I tried to suppress a yawn. "Plus, we both have our careers to focus on and aren't ready for parenthood yet." It was true. I needed time to get more comfortable with my married life before stepping into motherhood.

Shifa nodded in understanding and we both continued with our beverages.

.

.

.

After all the busy days, I finally got to take a weekend off from work. It felt good and I planned to make complete use of it. I was home and in my bed, waiting for Ahan who said he'd be late due to some work. I was going through some food magazines to see if I could find something to cook for my hubby but all the recipes were filled with oily stuff. Knowing my husband and his obsession with fitness, I threw the magazines away and it landed on the couch.

Sighing, I picked up my phone and dialled Mariam Khala's number. She picked up on the fifth ring and answered.

"Am I disturbing your sleep?" I felt apologetic.

"Nope, I was just watching television," she replied and I nodded even though I knew she couldn't see me. "Tell me, what's up? Did Ahan trouble you? Do I need to whop his butt or smack his head?"

"Jeez," I was surprised at her usage of lingos, "where did you learn that kind of language? Have you been using tiktok?"

She cleared her throat and replied in negative which I understood was a lie but I let it slide off.

"I was wondering if you could tell me what I should do to make Ahan feel special. I just got two days off from work and we've not been able to spend some good time together so I thought... I mean I wanted to cook something good but since he's a health freak, I don't wanna mess with his diet."

"Oh yes, that guy's taste buds are no different from a goat's, I tell you," she spoke and I laughed.

"Then what should I do?"

There was silence from her side for a few seconds before I heard, " As a woman, I tell you to go to the nearby lingerie store and buy something sexy to please your husband."

My mouth hung open at her words. What did she...How could I... I contemplated what to say to her next but she continued. "Men love it when their wives put an effort into dressing up for them, even better if it's something bold. So take my advice and do as I say."

"But I haven't ever done anything like that?" I sounded like a cat.

"Have you ever been married before?" It was a rhetorical question that made me shut up. "Now lemme have my beauty sleep. Good night." She hung up leaving me sitting with my mind clouded in confusion.

Her idea isn't bad, you know.

I slapped my head to shut my evil mind up but it didn't work.

Dirty scenarios came rushing to my mind and I slapped my head again and again. And again.

"Are you okay?" Ahan's voice made me halt with my madness and I looked up to see him near the door. His tie was loosened and his eyes stared down at me with concern. He looked so tired that I got up and took off his coat for him. "Why were you slapping yourself?"

I thought of coming up with a realistic excuse. "There were mosquitoes," I blurted out and then remembered that our house was bug proof. He looked dissatisfied with my answer but before he could question further, I changed the topic. "Are you hungry? Let me heat the food for you." I began to walk away when my hand got grabbed and I was pulled into a giant back hug.

"You can't even imagine how hungry I am," he buried his face in my neck and whispered, "but not for food." I felt him bite my skin and a low moan skipped my lips. He smirked as he took my face in his cold hands and kissed me. Even though he had come from outside, his mouth felt hot enough to melt me.

Without breaking the kiss he led us to our bed and made me lie down. He then quickly took his shirt off and hovered over me, his steamy breath tickling my skin. His index finger traced my lips and he smiled in appreciation when I gasped.

"So eager," he mused and bent his head to kiss my now heaving chest.

"Ahan..." I breathed.

"Hmm," his voice vibrated against my body.

Forcing myself to not get lost, I managed to voice out, "Your hands are cold."

"Are they?" He glanced up in my direction, his expression completely sincere. I nodded. "Then...why don't you warm them up." A devilish smile appeared on his face and what happened next made me squeal in surprise.

"Ahan!" I cried as his icy hands sneaked inside my top and pinched my waist.

"Yeah baby?" He asked innocently.

"You're so..." I felt annoyed and excited at the same time.

"Sexy? I know that."

His head went lower to my navel and he planted soft butterfly kisses before opening his mouth and literally licking me there.

I didn't know what he was trying to do but damn he was good at it. My toes curled and I felt drowning in pleasure. "What are you doing?" I panted.

"Making you feel good," he answered in a low voice. And boy did he mean what he said.

The entire night he savoured my body like his life depended on it. With every kiss, every touch and every move, he made me fall more and more in love with him.

It was after midnight when we finally stopped and he fell asleep with my head on his chest. I listened to his heartbeat. They felt like music. Soothing and pleasant.

Smiling as I watched him sleeping like a baby, I kissed his cheek and fell into slumber with my heart dancing in joy.

_________________________________________

Please show your support by voting and leaving comments. I love you guys💖