Epilogue

Author's PoV:

"Are you sure this is my colour?" Ashiya heard from the living room as she kept the leftovers of lunch inside the fridge. "I think it's too much for my skintone." She frowned at Ahan's voice and decided to go check what was happening.

"This looks puffect on you, Dadda," Ayra assured, continuing with her work. "Close your eyes now, will ya?" Ahan obliged at the little girl's command, letting her dominate him.

Ashiya gasped in horror when she saw the scene that was taking place. Ahan was seated on the couch with Ayra on his lap, the latter busy putting makeup on her dad's face. She was currently applying eye shadow on his eyelids. Lipsticks, concealers, mascaras, and other makeup items lay scattered around the room while the father-daughter duo were busy in their own world.

Ashiya's slapped her forehead as she made her way to confront the kids. "Stay still!" Ayra scolded Ahan but stiffened as soon as she realised the presence of her mother. She slowly got off from Ahan's lap and started collecting the items from the floor.

"Are you done? How much longer?" Ahan blabbered with his eyes closed, completely unaware of Ashiya standing and scrutinising him. When failed to receive an answer, Ahan finally opened his eyes.

"What is happening?" Ashiya questioned.

Ahan let out a sheepish smile, his face glittering from all the makeup. "Ayra just wanted to try something new."

"You can't let her do anything and everything, Ahan! You spoil her way too much."

The culprits exchanged glances, as if conversing through telepathy. Ayra nodded at Ahan and stepped up to his rescue. "Dadda was juss helping me, Mamma. Pwease don't be mad." She batted her big eyelashes with her signature pout, knowing very well the effect it had on everyone.

"Your Nanna would be here anytime," Ashiya grabbed all the makeup from Ayra's hands and started putting them in place. "Wait for me inside the bathroom, I'll come and wash you up."

"Where is she going?" Ahan got up to help his wife.

Ashiya slapped his hand and gestured to him to clean his face first. "Ayra is going to stay with Ammi for some days since her school is off."

"Oh, " Ahan mouthed, "so that means we'll have the house to ourselves, right?" A mischievous smirk appeared on his face, making Ashiya roll her eyes. "I'll make sure that we spend some quality time with each other."

She turned to him and saw him, his face a mess but still cute to look at. Controlling the urge to ruffle his hair, she put on a straight expression, "Wash your face or else I'll make sure not to let you touch me for one whole week."

.

.

.

Ashiya kissed Ayra's cheek, bidding her farewell and watching her leave with Saba. She closed the door and sighed. She felt a little relaxed. Not to sound like a bad mother, but sometimes she really craved a little break from her now changed life. No doubt she loved and adored Ayra like any mother would, but sometimes the responsibilities and hectic schedule of motherhood left her exhausted. She had been wanting to have that break since long and now that it was here, she felt kind of relieved.

Ahan was stretching his muscles when his wife entered their bedroom, with his back turned towards her. He moved his shoulders to shake off the soreness that he had developed after a tiring week at work. Ashiya halted on her steps as she admired the view. The thin blue shirt that he wore did nothing to hide the toned structure of his back.

To say that she found him hot would be understatement. He was breathtaking. His body was everything that made a man look sexy.  He was tall, with broad shoulders, lean waist and abs that looked rock hard. Anyone who looked at him could tell that the man worked out.