BONUS (part 1)

Reminder: Pray pray pray.

Ahan's PoV:

"What do you think?"

I hummed in response, completely clueless of the question that Ayan threw in my direction. Or maybe it was Arhaan. Damn, I was distracted.I took a glance at the source of the voice to confirm and saw Arhaan frowning at me.

"Why are you so distracted?" He questioned. Beside him, Ayan chuckled and received a glare from me. "What?" Arhaan's confusion grew deeper as he failed to understand what was happening.

"Leave it brother," Ayan patted Arhaan's back, "Ahan Bhai is a gone case now." This brat…

We were currently seated in the living room of our Mom's place. It was her birthday so we had decided to have a family dinner, for which Ashiya was baking in the kitchen.

I could see her, dressed in a simple lavender kurta with a purple hijab and white trousers. She looked engrossed, her eyebrows furrowed as she examined the thickness of the batter that was going to be used for the cake. Her lips were formed in a pout, looking as kissable as ever, making me curl and uncurl my fingers unknowingly.

I gave Ayan a tight lipped smile before getting up from the couch and walking up to him only to flick his forehead and make him wince in pain. "Ow!" He yelled dramatically even though the blow hadn't been that hard.

I returned to my seat and continued to torture myself by ogling my wife from afar. She was breathtaking. Everything about her was enticing. The way her long eyelashes hovered her cheeks as she kept her focus on her work, the way the colour of her dress complimented her skin, and how her hands moved elegantly everytime she grabbed a container or adjusted her hijab. And every other minute thing. Every freaking feature of hers was enough for my undoing.

Ashiya looked around the kitchen counter and reached out to get the jug of water. She realised that it was too far so she bent a little, her stomach going flat against the wood and making her derriere look more inviting than it already was. Ya Allah...

"You guys are so childish," Arhaan commented. I then felt him tapping my shoulder and as much as I didn't want to look away from my beautiful zawja, I did because I knew Arhaan wasn't the one to bother me for no reason. He must have had something serious or important to discuss.

"Hmm?" I raised my eyebrows at him.

"I'm sorry for the disturbance but I really need to discuss something with you," he smiled apologetically at me to which I nodded, signalling him to go on. "You see, our advertising team has become huge and they're really good so the idea of firing the extras doesn't count. Miss Tahira, the head of the team, says that it's becoming difficult for her to manage the entire team on her own." 

I nodded again. "Then we divide them into two groups," I suggested.

"Yes, about that, I wanted to recommend Maya's name. Maya Varma, the one from Harvard, you remember? She has been with us for a couple of years and her career graph is impressive. If you permit me, then I'll–"

"Arhaan," I interrupted his speech, "If you think she's good, make her the leader. You're not a kid and I trust your judgement." Arhaan looked a bit taken aback. "And you don't need my permission for anything. You shouldn't. I'm not your employer. We're brothers and partners in business. So take whatever decision that seems correct to you and I'll have your back."

Arhaan was a smart guy. I had known that he'd be of great help if he joined me in business but that guy exceeded my expectations. Initially, he had just wanted to assist me in finance but gradually, with his level of intelligence and hardwork, he became my equal. At least that's what I considered. He, on the other hand, insisted on being called my right hand to which I simply refused.