Chapter 44

Author's PoV:

Ashiya tried her best to not let her cheeks redden in embarrassment but failed. Ahan wanted to laugh out loud at her awkwardness but held himself back.

They were inside his office with Riddhima presenting a couple of files to Ahan and Ashiya being seated on the couch nearby.

Riddhima turned out to be a sweet person with soft mannerisms and a gentle voice. She maintained her formal composure throughout and Ashiya mentally praised it.

Grabbing a magazine from the table, Ashiya began to read through it, making Ahan's focus land on her. He kept on stealing glances at his beautiful wife and Riddhima soon noticed it.

"I have to get another file, sir," she said and left with the intention of giving some private time to the couple, making Ahan nod in appreciation.

He got up from his chair and started walking towards Ashiya who pretended to be oblivious to him and he shook his head with a grin. "Just a few minutes more," he spoke and took a seat beside her, touching their thighs.

"Okay," Ashiya breathed and wondered how a simple touch left her that much bothered. "Great, that's nice," she blabbered in order to not look affected but did anyway.

Ahan inched closer and nudged her shoulder with his. "So that was Riddhima," he bit his lip to suppress a laugh. Ashiya nodded with her eyes still scanning the magazine. "She's great at what she does, you know. Very dutiful."

Ashiya nodded again. She wanted him to stop talking about Riddhima but couldn't bring herself to say that directly to him. "Also, she's quite young. Do you remember how you were ready to help me in marrying her?" Her head snapped in his direction and Ahan smirked.

"That was a misunderstanding..." She replied slowly and looked away, colours invading her cheeks. "Besides, now you're married to me so what is the point in remembering the past?"

"Yeah, but imagine what would have happened had I agreed to that offer of yours?" Ahan teased her and she looked offended.

"I don't want to imagine such stuff," she got up and started to walk away but Ahan was quick enough to grab her waist and pull her to himself.

He brought his face close to hers and noticed the fury in her eyes. Cute, he thought. "Are you mad at me, my little lioness?" His voice was low and playful.

"I'm not mad," Ashiya replied as she looked into his eyes and a part of her started losing itself. "But you should know that I will not tolerate you thinking about any other woman. I'm possessive. I don't like to share the attention of the people I love, especially my husband."

"I see," Ahan smiled but he was surprised to see this side of hers. She had told him that she was short tempered but he never knew that she could be the possessive type of wife. "So what will you say if I decide to have a second wife?" He joked but Ashiya's eyes widened in horror.

"Don't even think about it," she barked in anger. "I told you I won't ever tolerate such stuff. I'll smash your head an--"

"Shhhh," he placed his finger on her lips, silencing her at once. "I never knew you could be so wild," he traced her lower lip and her mouth opened a little because of the sensation she felt. "But I like it, it makes you so much sexier," Ashiya gasped and looked down to hide the blush but his touch wasn't helping her. She looked hot and flustered. Ahan's eyes hungered over her soft petals and he decided he couldn't take it any longer. His finger reached under her chin to make her look up at him. "May I?" He questioned as she stared at him, his gaze making it clear what he was asking permission for.

Ahan could see his emotions being mirrored in her brown orbs but he wanted to be sure. He wanted her to be sure.

Ashiya kept staring at him and for a second, Ahan thought that she would deny him. But then he saw it, her long lashes going down as her shy eyes lowered with her nod. That was all he needed. Her consent.

Ahan brought his lips down on hers, trying to be as gentle as possible, giving her room to not get panicked. He had imagined doing this a thousand times but nothing had come close to what he was feeling at present. He pulled her closer and she grabbed his shoulders for support as she feared she would faint out of overwhelming emotions.

Ashiya's heart threatened to break out of her ribcage the moment his mouth captured hers. But then she relaxed as affection for him took over her anxiety. His lips lingered over hers for a good five seconds before he pulled away.

Colours returned to her cheeks and Ashiya avoided his gaze, looking anywhere but him. Ahan felt another urge so he kissed her again, this time more confidently as he knew she wanted that too. Their lips danced together, hers nervously and his hungrily.

A light knock on the door broke their trance and Ashiya pulled away hurriedly making Ahan chuckle at her embarrassment. "Come in," his authoritative voice echoed, igniting knots in his wife's belly. She wondered if the air conditioner had stopped working.

Riddhima entered with a file in her hand and Ahan took a few minutes to get done with her. She left after her work was done and Ahan returned his attention to the woman who stood blushing like an apple.

"Stop blushing like that or else I'll be forced to repeat what we did just now," he said in a serious tone but smiled as Ashiya started rubbing her cheeks like a kid. "Come, let's take you out of here," he extended his hand and Ashiya hesitantly took it. They walked out of the building and Ashiya prayed for her flushed face to go unnoticed by everyone.

"Thank you," Ashiya murmured as Ahan opened the car door for her.

"You look irresistible when you blush, do you know that?" Ahan complimented her with a boyish chuckle once they were inside.

Ashiya looked away and tried to change the topic. "Will you tell me where we are going?" She was getting impatient.

Ahan looked at her lazily and pretended to think for a moment. "You'll know when we reach there," he winked, making Ashiya roll her eyes and throw her head back in frustration.

___________________________________________

And they kissed!!!🥺🥺 I know some of you may dislike it but please understand that this story isn't supposed to contain Mature Content. It has a spiritual tag on it so I have to write it in a particular manner.

Also, this is my first book so please be lenient with me🙏🙏 With this much being said, please vote and comment and share this story with your friends.

I love you guys❤️❤️😚