Chapter 58

Author's PoV:

Ahan stood in a corner watching everything around him and checking if anything needed assistance. The flowers looked perfect. The food seemed sufficient and the guests were all smiling. The caterers were working in perfect sync as well. He shifted his gaze to his mother who was standing in another corner. Clad in a pink kurta with matching salwar and a dupatta placed perfectly over her head, she looked happy and content. It was after all her son's wedding.

Three months ago, Arhaan decided to surprise his family by telling them that he had seen a girl for himself. He wanted his mother to get to know her first and then finalise the wedding if both sides liked each other. Mariam was surprised but ecstatic nonetheless for she never expected Arhaan to select a girl for himself. He was the shiest among her three sons and also the most emotionally dependent on his mother.

The girl, Zara, was an elementary level teacher and belonged to a middle class family. Arhaan had been acquainted with her for a year or two thanks to their common friends. Mariam immediately fell in love with Zara when she saw her. She was beautiful. With long and silky black hair, sharp facial features and more than average height, she was a visual delight for everyone who saw her. Her personality was humble yet powerful. She had a smile that radiated kindness. The families decided to get their nikah done soon enough as Zara's father had some health issues and wanted to see his only daughter getting married during his lifetime.

Ahan checked again and found no issue. Things were going smoothly. He locked his eyes with Mariam and gave her a reassuring smile that told her not to worry about anything. His eyes then went to his youngest brother who was busy gazing intently at someone. At first, it seemed like he was looking at the biryani counter but on noticing properly, Ahan realised that his focus was on a girl who was standing near it.

He made his way to his brother to stand next to him. "Didn't realise we had a pervert in our family," he commented and felt Ayan going stiff. He slowly turned his head to meet his elder brother's strict eyes. Ayan felt his ears going red in embarrassment.

"I was just…she…," he struggled to find the right words. He looked at her again and saw her smiling at some woman adjacent to her. "I'm sorry, Bhai." He sighed and lowered his head.

Ahan placed his hand on Ayan's shoulder and the latter looked up. "If you are interested in her, or anybody for that matter, feel free to talk to me. But please don't gape at women like a sicko because I know you're not one."

"Yeah," Ayan nodded. "By the way, where's Ashiya? Hasn't she arrived yet?" Ahan shook his head in negative. He had been trying to call his wife but she wasn't picking. "Even Maulvi Sahab is late. We had asked him to come early but still he's…" Ayan's words were completely ignored by Ahan as he got distracted by a heavenly vision.

Dressed in a baby blue gown with silver embroidery and a royal blue hijab tied around her head, Ashiya entered the premises, suddenly causing a storm inside her husband's heart. She walked like a queen, smiling at everyone she locked gaze with. She spotted Ahan and walked towards him, and soon as she realised the intensity of his brown orbs on her, she blushed.

"There you are," Ayan's voice brought the couple out of their romantic world, causing Ahan to clear his throat. "What took you so long?"

"Ayra started throwing tantrums as soon as Ahan left. It took me more than one hour to dress her up as she kept escaping me." Ayan nodded and looked at his sister-in-law with sympathy. Her husband, on the other hand, was busy ogling her shamelessly.

"Do you want kebabs? I tried some and they were amazing," he suggested. Ashiya nodded. "Okay, stay here and I'll be back in two minutes."

Ashiya turned to Ahan and this time she managed to scan him from head to toe. He was wearing black tuxedo with a sky blue shirt underneath. His hair was neatly combed, leaving his perfect forehead exposed for view. Ashiya, even with her heels, found his height towering over her. He looked like a prince straight out of a Disney movie.  "You look good," she complimented him and he smirked.