Rät (Batsis)

Another Batsis. Inspired by Penelope Scott's song, Rät!

(Y/N) dropped her mug when she finally figured out her father's secrets. From the moment he adopted her, she knew something fishy was going on—something more than just a family of vigilantes. She'd figured that one out early on, after all. Yet, even when she joined the team, they still withheld information from her. They met in secret, or asked her to step out of the room—it annoyed her to no end, and finally, someone convinced her to search deeper.

"You don't really think they're being honest with you, do you? Oh, poor girl. There's so much that you don't know."

The Joker. She shook his words out of her mind, snapping back to reality. He said that to her a very long time ago, but she was only now acting on it. And as it turned out, he was right. After applying all of Tim's decoding techniques, she successfully hacked into the Batcomputer at one in the morning. The rest of the family thought she was already asleep, worn out by a fake cold she told them she had. Her white lies were only the beginning of all the lies she would find.

There were articles on Jason Todd dying, records of all her siblings' deaths, and dates of their resuscitations. She found her eldest brother was a murderer, the killer of the villain they hated most, and her father was that villain's savior even after the man killed his child.

She shut her eyes, trying to escape the horrible nightmare; it couldn't be true, it was much too farfetched, but she could see it. It was all right there, right on the screen.

When Bruce Wayne adopted (Y/N), she made it very clear that she was not a fan of the American Economy. No wealth of your amount is ethical, she would say. She begged him to donate to organizations, and he said he did. But that was a lie, too. Almost all of the money that should have been going to the Wayne Corporation's employees or to the people less fortunate than themselves was being used to fund this whole 'vigilante' routine of his. How could she have been so blind? It was obvious, she should've known these suits and this technology didn't come cheap.

No matter how horrible, though, she could've overlooked everything. Maybe there was a reasonable explanation that she simply hadn't heard yet—maybe the deaths were fake, maybe Bruce needed the money. She would've listened, but something set her way off. On Bruce's computer were in depth descriptions of everyone he'd ever encountered as Batman, including his own children. They were ranked with a pros and cons list. If anyone else ever saw these they'd die, all except Tim. He was contributing to them, too. Anywhere he wrote on had his nerdy signature somewhere around it.

(Y/N) isn't good for us. She's reckless, loud, and irritable. If she doesn't shape up soon, I'm taking matters into my own hands. [REDACTED] won't fire her, but I will.
-Red R.

I'm losing my faith in her. I'm afraid there isn't much time left, and the more time we lose, the more of a distraction she becomes.
Maybe the foster care system would be better for her.
-Batman

She couldn't believe it; they were supposed to be her family. She already lost the last one, now this, too?

She didn't hear the footsteps, and by the time he was standing behind her, it was already too late. At the clattering of an old hospital tray, she turned around to find Alfred examining the screen.

"Miss (Y/N), this isn't what you think—"

"Stop—I've already seen it all. There's nothing you can do. I'm leaving."

"Miss, they wrote these months ago, they didn't mean to hurt you—"

"They didn't mean to hurt me with their deaths, either, did they?"