[RQ] Replacement? - Part 2

"What?" Dick shouted to the phone, "No, no, don't tell me—!"

His eyes widened as he listened to his former partner intently.

"Jason..."

The phone slid out of his hand and to the floor, shattering into pieces.
***
"Where's Dick?" (Y/N) asked the next morning.

Bruce chewed an egg, "He had to leave town early. Got an urgent call from Bludhaven's police department."

"Oh, okay," the girl responded nonchalantly, eating her breakfast along with Bruce.

"Do you have any homework today?"

"Already finished it. Molly said she wanted to go out today though, and that her and her older sister would be picking me up."

"Really? I wasn't aware you had friends," he smirked.

"Har, har," (Y/N) rolled her eyes, "It's not like I asked to go, anyway. She's forcing me to. Says I need to get a good dress for the dance because she's going to drag me there with her no matter what."

"Well, that's nice. Just be safe and have fun. Remember to call me if you need anything."

"Will do. Thanks, B."

Bruce headed out for work shortly after, giving his daughter a quick pat-on-the-shoulder goodbye. (Y/N) decided to hang out with Alfred after he was gone, but she was only allotted a few minutes, for Molly was at her door only moments later. She stopped helping Alfred with the dishes after one last plate and said goodbye. She felt as if there were a pair of eyes watching her while she climbed into the backseat of Molly's car, but she brushed it off as just her mind playing tricks on her.

"(Y/N)!" Molly exclaimed as she hopped into the car.

"Hey, Molls," she said calmly.

Molly's sister backed out of the driveway whilst the two completely opposite girls conversed. From the rooftops, a masked figure crouched and watched them intently.

"Guess I'm going that way," he shrugged, following the car, "Alright, mystery girl, let's see what you're plotting."

However, as he continued to move along, it was becoming more and more clear that the girl wasn't leaving her house to plot anything. She was simply shopping.

"What?" he asked himself in confusion, then narrowed his eyes, "What's that store's name...D...Dress—Dress Stop? Jesus Christ—alright, I'm out of here."

He left the scene, very frustrated and swearing that he would get his answers tonight.

That night, his current predicament of being surrounded by the Fearsome Hand of Four had proven to be quite helpful; Batman dove in to help his wayward son, much to the son's delight.

They ultimately beat the villains, save for a little struggle and one causality.

"Just be happy I only killed one of 'em," Jason spoke, "They're all assassins!"

"And what are you?" Bruce questioned harshly.

"I'm cleaning up Gotham! More than you ever did."

"You're stealing territory from Black Mask and killing anyone who gets in your way."

"Black Mask is just a part of the plan," he said with a tone of mischief in his voice.

"Plan? You're becoming a crime lord."

"Yes! You can't stop crime; that's what you never understood. I'm controlling it—and don't talk to me about 'plans'. I know what you're doing with that new girl."