Blazing Older Brother (Batsis)

A continuation of Bleak Baby Brother because I wanted some emotional fighting between Batsis and brothers. I'll get back to just da bois again after this :)

There was an eerie silence at the dock where four of the five bat siblings were resting. Dick and Jason had waited patiently for their littlest brother to bring home their sister; they doubted he could do it, but then again, he would stop at nothing to get what he wanted. Tim was so full of sorrow and doubt that he didn't even show until later. Damian and (Y/N) ran up to the two eldest brothers, panting and sweating.

"I found her," he said.

"Jay, Dickie...I'm..."

The girl faltered, seeing their glares, and brought her hands to her chest as she bowed her head.

"I'm sorry."

Jason snorted and averted his gaze while Dick only kept his disappointed stare.

"(Y/N), I...well...I don't have much room to talk here. I know I abandoned you all, too. But sis, you didn't have to—I had to for the sake of my mission, but you could have stayed. You should have stayed. Our family needed you."

"I-I know, I just—well, I—"

"What, (Y/N)?" Jason blazed, "Just spit it out because there's no way in hell you'll be able to explain this one!"

"I'm sorry!" the girl raised her voice in defense, "What I did was horrible, and I shouldn't have done it—I know—but I didn't know what else to do!"

"Maybe try not throwing your family under the bus when they needed you the most!"

(Y/N) clenched her jaw, "Fuck you! I was only fourteen!"

"Oh—oh, so that's how it's gonna be, ah?" the man rolled up his sleeve and Dick stood to block his way.

"Jason, stop! Calm down!"

"You were gonna hit me?" the girl yelled as Damian held her back.

"No, of course not, you dumbass!"

"Jay," Dick said with a soothing voice, "Chill."

His stance relaxed for a moment, then became tense again.

"No—don't tell me to chill! You have no idea what you two put me through! Fucking assholes—"

"Jason."

After the stern warning from his older brother, the man finally reluctantly dropped. He sat on the dock with a hand in his hair and Dick sat next to him, placing a hand on his back. Damian pulled (Y/N) down and she followed, unclenching her fists. The four sat in another thick silence which was broken by a shaky sigh from Jason. He wiped his eyes, "Fuck. You."

"Okay, both of you," Dick glanced between you, "Stop with the language. If we're gonna talk, then we're going to have a civilized conversation or none at all. And we're going to have a conversation."

Damian placed a hand on his sister's bicep and said, "Talk."

She groaned softly, then began, "Look, I know what I did to you all was horrible, but I—"

"(Y/N)!" someone yelled from behind her. She turned around, recognizing the voice.

"Timmy," she whispered, her eyes lighting up before she realized that she was talking.

"Timothy, you interrupted my speech!"

"I don't care!" he ran over and pulled her up, then held her tightly in his arms.

"You little bitch, don't ever do that again, or I swear to fucking god, I will kill you."

Dick groaned loudly and Jason huffed out a laugh while Damian snickered. Tim pulled away from you with misty eyes.

"I missed you. You've been taking care of yourself, right? Living alone as a child—it's dangerous."

(Y/N) giggled softly, "I was fine, Timmy."

"Good," he turned to the others and surveyed them, then asked worriedly, "What happened?"

Damian tutted, "Well, Drake, if you weren't late you would've seen that we were having a family conversation."

Tim made a poker face then sat, "Okay, then continue. I'm part of the family, too."

The girl followed, then started again, "What I was saying before—I know what I did was wrong and I hurt you guys a lot. But I need you to understand my side of the story. I didn't know what else to do. I've lost family before, all of us have, but I thought this time it would be different. I thought this time I would be able to protect you all, to save you all, but I...failed. I couldn't keep the promise I made to myself and so, in hating myself, I took it out on everyone else because I wanted everyone to suffer just as much as I was. But that's wrong—and truly, I didn't want that for you. So I left. To see if maybe I could better myself and when I did, I would come home. I never could."

(Y/N) paused for a minute, then went on, "You know, I've never told you this before, but Dami, you always reminded me of my little brother—the first one, I mean. You guys act nothing alike, but...I saw him in you. I never wanted to lose another little brother again. I'm sorry I wasn't there."

Damian's eyes widened a slight bit, then he responded, "(L/N), I never blamed you. You don't have anything to be sorry for other than leaving."

His sister smiled softly, "Right. And—I am sorry for that. I'm immensely sorry. You—you don't have to forgive me right now, of course, but I hope you all will be able to at some point. And I'm sorry for exploding at you, Jason. That was uncalled for."

"It's...it's alright. I'm sorry, too," Jason stared you in the eye, "But you know, what you said about not want to lose your brother again, that's exactly how I felt when you left. You remember when I came back? I lost all of you for a real long time because I was so stubborn and filled with rage—which is the other thing. Kiddo, I saw you turning into me. And not to say that I'm not hella awesome—"

He smirked as the four of his siblings snickered or gave some sort of funny response.

"—But I would never wish that kind of loneliness on anyone, especially my little sister. We're here to help you, kiddo. And we expect the same out of you."

"I know," (Y/N) bowed her head.

He perked up again, "Also, you know I'd never hit you, right?"

"That's to be debated," she smirked.

"(Y/N)," his eyes were apologetic.

"I'm kidding. I love you."

Suddenly, Tim wrapped himself around his sister and pulled her into his lap. She was stunned for a moment, but soon relaxed in his arms and clung to him. Soon after, Jason wrapped his arms around the two and Damian followed, leaning up against them. Finally, Dick wrapped his arms around all four.

"We'll get through all of this, right?" (Y/N) asked.

"Of course," Tim kissed her forehead. She smiled and repeated his words gratefully.

"Of course."