Viper (Batsis)

Anti-hero ish Batsis. Takes place right after Jason becomes Robin!

(Y/N) and Dick were at the store, Starbucks cups in their hands. Bruce's birthday was coming up, so they went out in search of presents for him. She was leaning on the edge of the cart as Dick looked through the card slots to find something good. Suddenly, though, something grabbed (Y/N)'s attention.

"Dickie, do you think he'd like this one?"

Her brother looked over her shoulder at the card in her hands, "Uh...HAHA, what is that?"

"It's a card with his face on it! Well, Batman's, I guess."

"(Y/N), that's terrifying. Look, they even made you a dude!"

"That's just you, Dick."

"Oh. Well, where are you, then?"

"I dunno. Maybe they made it before I was Robin."

"Maybe," he put an arm around her shoulder, "Well, we can just say it's you as a dude. You should get it, it'd be funny!"

"Okay! Sure."

"Hey, wanna go back to Starbucks after this? I ran out of tea."

Her eyes lit up, "I love that you can drive now."

"Anything for you, Mr. (L/N)."

"Ehehe, stop it!"

"No way, haha!"

(Y/N) smiled down at the photo of her and her brother in a frame next to the Batcomputer; it was one of her favorite pictures of them, and she guessed it was Bruce's, too. With their drinks in their hands, Dick had taken a surprise selfie of the two of them; the steam from the cup swirled around (Y/N)'s nose in the chilly spring air while her brother had a small, innocent smile on his face. She still remembered that day, one of the best days of her life. It was always like that with him; Dick was only two years older than her, so they got on masterfully well. It was never him she had a problem with.

"(Y/N)," Bruce gaped in astonishment. He was surprised he'd even caught just a glimpse of her face because usually, whenever she came around, he would only catch the tail end of her suit as she was leaving.

(Y/N) shook her head, "Don't call me that. You don't get to call me anything."

She turned away, but heard someone whisper, "She'll listen to me."

"No, I won't!"

Dick sighed, "(Y/N)—Viper—"

"See? He's got it. Maybe you should take notes from him," she hopped onto her motorbike and smirked, "Sorry, boys, but I gotta go. Busy saving the world and all? Hahaha."

Her brother ran to her, "Please, wait! I need to—we need to talk to you."

She glared past him and at her father, "You all had forever to talk to me, and you didn't. I don't care anymore. I only came back to get something I left behind."

"Hey!" another voice called to her, standing in front of the motorbike. Her eyes widened when she saw the young boy clad in yellow, green, and red, and she shot an accusatory glance at Bruce.

"Looking for this?" he asked, dangling a piece of cloth in the air.

"Give that back, you lousy excuse for a Robin!" she snatched it from him, "I'll kill you if you mess with me again!"

(Y/N) grabbed him off her vehicle and threw him against the wall, a loud crash following. As Dick rushed over to him, (Y/N) revved her engine.

"Don't try me again, kid. You'll lose," she then smirked at Dick, "And nice costume, birdbrain. You look like a disco vomited on you."