[RQ] Puppy Love (Jason x Reader)

(Y/N) scrolled through her phone, watching memories she had collected over the years. She clicked on a video of her in someone's car:

(Y/N) held the camera towards her face while fixing her hair. She turned to the side, revealing the driver of the car, Jason.

"Where're we going, Jason?" she smiled knowingly.

"Six Flags, motherfucker!" he grabbed her shoulder and shook it, "Yeah!"

(Y/N) laughed to the camera, "It's Jason's first time, so I gotta document it."

"You're gonna forget."

"I won't!" she put down the phone, "Okay, I might."

"I wonder why your friends all insisted on going in one car. Some of them could've driven with us," Jason spoke over the black screen.

"Yeah, I dunno," (Y/N) replied, sounding a bit nervous. She changed the subject, "Lemme see how they're doing."

She picked the phone back up, and her face was staring back at her.

"Oh, I was still recording," she stuck her tongue out at the camera, "Byeee!"

"Bye!" Jason leaned into her shoulder to make it into the frame.

The video ended there, but (Y/N) continued to stare at final image of the two of them, Jason so close to her. They didn't see each other as often as they used to, so (Y/N) cherished their old sweet moments together. They must have been sixteen or seventeen at the time; she was fairly certain it was right before he disappeared.

"Hey," she heard a familiar voice greet her, and she looked up from her phone to see him. He stood in front of her, now twenty-three years old, holding two ice cream cones.

"Jason!" she grinned, standing up to hug him. She threw her arms over his shoulders, and he rested his chin on hers.

"Sorry, I would hug you back, but my hands are full," he pulled away, offering one of the cones to her, "Here."

Although she took it, she gave him a look, "You didn't have to do that. You know I would've paid, I was just waiting to order until you got here."

"(Y/N), you're a broke college student. It's the least I could do," he sat down at the table she was sitting at before, "Besides, you seemed really interested by whatever was on your phone. I didn't want to bother you."

Rolling her eyes, she sat down in front of him. Despite the fact that she was sporting a ponytail, the wind blew her hair around wildly. She pulled a strand that got stuck to her chapstick while she looked at the scene around her. They were outside of an ice cream shop that they frequented whenever (Y/N) was in town. Lately, she had been away most of the time for school, but she was always back for the summer. Jason and (Y/N) met routinely within the first couple of days she came back. He preferred to sit inside, but because it was so warm, (Y/N) insisted to sit outside. For her, Jason always complied.

"Ah-ah-ah, I'm not a college student anymore!" she beamed, "I'm officially free now, remember?"

"Hey, that's right!" he laughed, "I'm still mad that you didn't save me a ticket to graduation."

"I know, but I only had four, and I had to use them for my family. And one of my best friends really wanted to go, so y'know..." she shrugged.

Raising an eyebrow, he licked his cone, "Am I not your best friend?"

"You are," (Y/N) teased, "But you didn't ask fast enough."

"Not fair," he leaned back in his chair and crossed his arms, a smile on his face.