Move (Batsis)

TW: Mention/description of sexual assault
This is a long one y'all!
Her hero name is still Cotinga

(Y/N) sat on her bed, staring straight at the wall.

Don't move. Don't move.

I can't move.

Why didn't I move?

Her thoughts ran in circles, and yet, never stopped.

I should've moved. I should've moved.

Why didn't I move?!

"(Y/N)," a knock at the door made shivers crawl up her spine, "It's already 3:00 o'clock. You need to eat."

"I'm not hungry, Bruce," she insisted blandly.

"You can't live without food, darling. Come down."

She fell back, lifting the covers over head, "I'll come down later."

He sighed and walked away, (Y/N)'s body tense nonetheless. She wouldn't get any sleep any time soon, but she could pretend like she was.

It wasn't long before someone entered her room again. They pulled the covers down from her face, then blew gently on her closed eyes.

"I know you're awake. You're blinking."

"Go away, Drake," she muttered.

He sighed, and she heard a plate clink against her desk, "(Y/N), Bruce is right, you have to eat. The human body needs food to survive, you know that."

"The human body can go fuck itself."

While she was facing the other way, Tim could still tell she had a hard look on her face. Gently, he lowered himself down on the edge of the bed.

"Y'know...I know I'm not the best at this stuff, but—you can talk to me, you know. I'll be there for you."

She scoffed; that's what they said. That's what they all said, but they left her behind. They left her for days at that place, in a horrid room that smelled like rotting flesh and bodily fluids.

"You're still mad at us. I get it," he replied to her silence.

"No. I mean—I don't—I dunno," she shrugged. Honestly, she didn't mind the company, at least not from Tim. Finally, she didn't feel like she was on the verge of death every two seconds.

"Could you stay with me?" she whispered simply.

Anxious, (Y/N) felt her heart rate hasten as his gaze fell on her. He stared at her for a moment, then shifted so he lay on one side of the bed, facing her. After a few minutes, she turned around and found him with his eyes closed, one arm above his head, the other on his stomach. She scooted closer to him so that her forehead was almost just touching his chest, then closed her eyes again. As she did so, he opened his and inwardly sighed.

At least she's actually sleeping, he thought as he glanced at the full plate of food. His eyebrows furrowed, and he turned back to his sister.

I'm sorry.
***
When (Y/N) woke up, she found she was alone again. She shifted upwards on the bed, glancing over at the window; the sun was just about done setting. Resigning in her reluctance, she grabbed the plate next to her nightstand and considered eating the food. It was cold, but it didn't look half bad. There was a small note on the plate, so she picked it up.

Made that sriracha-ketchup thing. I remembered how much you like it.
-J >;0

She huffed out a laugh at her brother's signature, then picked up one of the small slider burgers on the plate. Nervous, she frowned at it, then dipped it in the sauce and took a bite.