Trust Me (Batsis)

TW: alcohol, pills

"Badada...dadadum...badada...dadadum..."

It was the dead of the night in Gotham, and surprisingly, one boy's humming was the only sound that could be heard. He'd done good work with his mentor, and almost all of the criminals were in prison or Arkham. The only ones left were either petty thieves or nervous newbies. The boy loved seeing those ones, they were the funniest, even though they tried to shoot him when he'd laugh.

"See you driving 'round town with the girl I love and I'm like, FUCK YOU! Oooo!"

Although his hums started off quiet, he began yelling, his passion increasing as he eagerly jumped to another rooftop.

"Be quiet out there!" someone called out from the apartment building behind him.

He put his hand over his mouth, "Sorry, Ms. Robles!"

"Espera, I know that voice," she ran to her window, "Robin? Is that you out there?"

"Hi!" he waved with a grin, crouching down so she could see him better. She smiled warmly when she saw him, her hands at her heart.

"Ay, you're getting so big, you look just like the other Robin now! Lindo, what sweet boys you both are. Say, how old are you now, cariño?"

"Well, the Bat doesn't want me to say for personal reasons, but..." he put his hands out, one with one finger and the other with three.

The woman gasped, "How exciting! Well, I shouldn't hold you any longer. Do visit soon, though, I can make galletas! I would give you some now, but I just ran out. My grandkids, ay, such thieves...Sorry, I must be rambling again! Go now, you have people to save, things to do. Stay safe, cariño! ¡Que te vaya bien!"

Giggling, the boy waved to her and said a quick 'you too!' before running off to the next building. It was quite a bit lower to the ground, so he began humming much quieter.

"Guess the change in my pocket, wasn't enough, I'm like—huh?"

As he was on the edge of the building, just about to jump off, he heard something clatter to the ground behind him. Quickly, he turned around and peeked over the other ledge. All he saw was a knocked over trash can, but knowing Gotham, that meant someone or something was probably nearby. He jumped down and investigated the area, a dark alleyway.

"Eugh," he cringed to himself before kicking at the can. Nothing crawled out, so he assumed there was no stray animal inside looking for food. He turned to his other side to find a large dumpster.

"Then what's the point of...never mind," he shook his head, remembering once again, this was Gotham. Casually, he walked around the green giant and further into the alleyway. Shrugging as he found nothing, he was about to leave before he turned around and saw a small figure on the ground next to the dumpster, looking at him with wide eyes, a cat sleeping in her tiny arms.

"Oh. Huh," he kneeled down in front of her, "Hey, are you okay?"

She turned her head away from him, thinking he couldn't see that she was still looking at him through the corner of her eye.

"Whatcha' doin' out here?" he tried, and she turned her head back to glare at him.

"I'm not supposed to talk to strangers."

"Really? Who told you that?" he asked, trying to get as much out of her as he could.

"I dunno, I just know that," she shrugged, then tensed, "Hey..."