[RQ] The Red Violin - Part 1 (Tim x Reader)

Request!
Tim Drake x Fem!Reader

Sunday mornings were always slow for Tim. He would return to the manor after patrol, fall asleep on the couch, and wake up around 12:30 in the afternoon. Like any other Sunday, this was his same routine. He woke up on the couch, the TV remote next to his feet. Initially, he turned the TV on for white noise, but when the news station began talking about crime in Gotham, he tuned in.

"...Today we have another report of the supervillain the media likes to call 'The Red Violin' allegedly wrecking havoc on Gotham."

'You've gotta be kidding me,' Tim inwardly groaned, 'This girl won't give it a rest!'

He sat in a flurry of his own annoyance, radiating off of him like a bad omen. It was so apparent that it caused even Damian to scrunch his nose as he entered the living room from the kitchen.

"What are you watching?" he asked, resting his forearms on the back of the couch.

"The news," Tim brooded, and Damian furrowed his brow. He looked to the TV, and upon seeing a flash of red in a photo submitted by a gothamite, he laughed.

"Are you still dealing with that violin girl?" he tutted, "If it were me, I would've had her at the GCPD three days ago."

"We only knew about her three days ago," Tim raised an eyebrow.

Damian smirked, "My point exactly."

"Whatever," he lifted himself from the couch and stretched his arms, "I'm going to the store. Need anything?"

"What are you getting?" Damian watched as he crossed to the front door.

"None of your business."

He rolled his eyes, "Well, if you must offer, I suppose I could use more paper for school."

"Got it," Tim spun his car keys around his finger, "See you later."

"Bye," Damian replied shortly as Tim shut the door.

Free from the constraints of the manor, Tim walked to his car, shivering in the cold. He rubbed his shoulders, cursing himself for not picking up a jacket before he left. He hopped into his car and drove down to the local superstore, like any other kid would do, as if he wasn't the ward of one of the richest men in Gotham. In all honesty, he relished times like this. He felt normal again.

His mind shut off when he went to the store. He had gone so many times that it seemed like clockwork. He walked through the aisles, not thinking too much about anything. When he got to the aisle he was looking for, he reached up to grab a small box.

"Tim!" someone raised their voice at him, and the box bounced out of his hands. He rushed to catch it, holding it close to his chest. Once it was stable, he whipped around to catch his perpetrator.

"Duke!" he scolded, "C'mon, man, you scared me."

"I called your name like five times, and you didn't say anything," Duke smirked, an eyebrow raised, "I thought you were at home sleeping."

"Nah, I'm up, thanks to you," Tim retorted, and it was then that he noticed the girl snickering behind his brother.

Duke noticed Tim's confused look, "Oh! Right, Tim, this is my Link Crew partner, (Y/N). We're just shopping for some stuff for our kids. (Y/N), this is my brother Tim."

"Hi," (Y/N) waved, stepping out from behind Duke.

"Hey..." Tim furrowed his eyebrows, "You look a little familiar. Have we met before?"

She crossed her arms sassily, a smile on her face, "Uh, yeah, we have. I'm in your Criminal Law class. I sit right behind you."

"Oh...oh!" he blushed, embarrassment written on his face, "Sorry, I get a little spacey at school."