The Rooftop (Jason & Dick)

Based off the scene in Titans, just more of our version of Dick and Jason

Dick ran to the building that he was sure his brother was at; he always went up there when he was upset, but never did Dick think he'd have to chase him down to it. He wouldn't have even known if it wasn't for his brother's impulse control—Dick had found a letter placed on his nightstand after waking up to someone sprinting down the hall and a loud slam of the door. He read it promptly:

Dick,
I hate being all mushy, and you know that. But I think that this time it'd be pretty shitty of me to leave you with nothing. You're the last person I wrote to—I think it's harder because you actually cared. And deep down, no matter how much I denied it, I knew that you did. Because how could you not? After everything you've done, I couldn't even give you that credit? I dunno.
Anyway, what I'm trying to say is thank you. You helped me through everything. Even when I was a jerk to you and pushed you away, you still came running back stronger every time. I don't understand how someone could have such a big heart, and I don't think I ever will. I'm sorry I could never treat you the same.
I want to tell you everything I never felt comfortable saying. Dick, you were my role model. I looked up to you so much, and I wanted to be like you—I just never knew how. I'm so sorry for everything I did to you, and thank you for staying. You are like an older brother to me, and you always will be. Scratch that—you are my brother. Sorry I had to go, bro. I'm sorry that I couldn't do it, I was never enough, and I could never fix myself.
Take care of the others for me okay?
I love you.
Your brother,
Jason

He didn't have to read the whole thing to know what was going on. As soon as he had the first indication, he hopped on his bike and went down to the quietest part of Gotham City, pajamas and all.

When he had finally made it up to the roof, he was more than grateful to see Jason still standing there, contemplating if this was truly the right decision. He walked cautiously forward.

"Jason."

He saw his younger brother tense slightly.

"Jaybird, come down. Let's talk about this."

"Ain't nothing to talk about, Dick."

"Then tell me why. Why are you doing this?"

"Because I have to," he said shakily, the tone of his voice startling both him and his brother, "I'm the reason all of this is happening."

"What?"

"I'm the reason. I was dead before all this—I wasn't meant to be here. That's the start of it all. Maybe it's the universe's way of pulling some sick joke on me for breaking it's rules."

Dick sat on the ledge, a short distance away, "I don't understand."

"Jesus, Dick, do I have to spell it out for you? I ruin everything! Everywhere I go, I bring danger, death, torture, violence—everywhere! I can't even keep my own family safe because I'm the one hurting them," his voice was so guilt stricken that Dick could hardly recognize it, and the tears slid down the man's face like a waterfall.

"Jay—"

"B-but I can fix it," false confidence laced his words, "How to cure the disease—take the poison out."

"Jason, no, that won't fix anything. You'll make things worse."

"How could I possibly make things worse?" he yelled.

"You don't realize how much everyone cares for you. If you do this—if you leave—you'll be hurting them even more."

Dick saw the realization hit Jason's face, then the confusion, then a moment of being lost, then anger, and finally, sadness.