~ 7 ~

That night

Blake

" Wait, like seriously?" Melody asked me through the phone.

" I'm telling you sis" I replied.

" Wow, I can't believe he actually asked you on a date"

" Woah woah woah calm your horses down, Mel. It's not a date, he's just helping me out with basketball and besides we just met" I said.

" Whatever you say, B."

We kept talking until she had to hang up on me.

I kept my phone on my nightstand, got out of bed, walked out of my room and headed downstairs to have a glass of water.

As I entered the kitchen, I saw my mom eating a bowl of different kinds of fruits.

" Hey Mom" I greeted then walked to the cabinet, brought out a cup, filled it up with water and drank it .

" You're not asleep yet?" She asked.

" Yeah, I just talked with my friend, Melody" I told her.

" Alright" she shrugged then put a piece of apple in her mouth.

" Mom?" I called.

" Yes love?" She answered and with that I took a seat beside her.

" I actually want to tell and ask you something" I said.

" I'm all ears"

" Uhmm okay... thanks... Uhmm, earlier today, I fixed an appointment with a senior to practice basketball at the public basketball ball court this weekend" I started.

" Basketball practice with a senior?" She asked and I nodded.

" Boy or girl?" She asked again

" Boy" I said, not knowing what next she'll say.

" Before anything else mom, I just wanna let you know that he's actually a good kid, so can I go?" I asked.

" I don't knowww, what's his name?"

" Zach, but please mom, he's not as bad. I mean he actually saved me from humiliation today"

" You were humiliated?" She asked.

" Not actually humiliated, it's more or less, embarrassment" I nodded.

" Seems like you're so serious about this kid. Fine you can go... but no funny business" she sternly said.

" I'm just 14 mom" I said making her chuckle.

" I know that's why I'm proud of you, baby" she ruffled my hair.

" Thanks a bunch, mom... I should go to bed now, it's already getting late" I kissed her on the cheek .

" Goodnight princess" she said.

" Night mom"

And with that, I ran up to my room, doing a little victory dance before laying on my bed with a happy mood.

~~

Few days later

The week had already gone by fast which was really surprising. Today was Saturday, the day when I finally practice basketball with Zach. I felt a strange feeling of excitement, like I couldn't just wait for the time to be 11am , which was the time we both fixed to arrive at the basketball court.

I layed on my bed, feeling really bored, not knowing what activity I should engage in at the moment. After a few moments of trying to discover myself, an idea popped in my mind.

Staring at my curly strand that fell on my face, I decided to straighten it out for the day. Immediately, I grabbed my straightening iron and got to work with it and at the end, I put my already straightened hair into a French braid.

I grabbed my phone to check the time and saw that it was already 10:45. Fuck, I've got 15 minutes to get ready. I ran into my closet and got dressed in an appropriate sport outfit.

 I ran into my closet and got dressed in an appropriate sport outfit

I grabbed my phone and essentials then put them into my sports bag. Then I left my room and ran downstairs where I almost bumped into Harper.

" Woah" she stepped back.

" Sorry, Harp where's mom?" I asked.

" She's in the living room" she said then I walked into the living room.

" Mom, I'm ready" I said.

" Alright let's go " she grabbed her car keys then we both the house then went into the car.

" You're looking great" My mom smiled at me.

" Thanks Mom" I smiled back at her.

And with that, she brought the car to life then we both left the house.

10 minutes later.

We had already arrived at our destination. Getting out of the car, we said our goodbyes before she drove out. I went in the basketball court and saw a couple of teenagers already there. Ah, public.

I tried my best to see if I'll be able to sight Zach . Fortunately for me, I found him talking to a guy.

" Zach" I called out then ran over to him. He looked at me then smiled and the guy he was talking to earlier excused himself.

" Hey, you came" he said.

" Yep and I'm really excited" I said then I noticed that he was staring at me for a while.

" What?' I asked.

" Nothing... It's just that you really look so different today"

" What do you mean by that?" I asked.

" Your curly hair is gone"

" I actually straightened it out"

" Wow, you look amazing" . I felt heat rush to my cheeks which made me smile at his words.

" Thank you" I tuck a strand of hair behind my ear.

" Let's get started, shall we?" He asked.

" Yep"

****

So I decided to show you guys a picture of Zach

So, what do think?

Thanks for reading.