~ 43 ~

A/n - Sorry for not updating the story for a while. Things haven't been so easy for me due to the fact that I've been so devastated with my cousin's death. But i guess I'm okay now since she's been laid to rest. Thanks for reading,Enjoy the chapter....

.
..
...
....

Melody

We all got down from the cars then ran into the school that was strangely quiet...oh what was I thinking? We were on holidays and no one would literally be in school...

" Blake!!!" My mom yelled out hoping she'd answer back but unfortunately there was no answer. We took turns calling out Blake's name but still...no answer and I was beginning to grow worried.

" Let's search around the school...maybe she'd be somewhere else" My dad said then we all got divided into twos and ended up with Aunt Arielle.

" Let's check over there" she pointed over to some random classes and we both checked in all of them and still no sign of my sister/best friend. I prayed silently hoping we'd find her and ironically enough, I was also losing hope.

We searched all the other classes, labs. My dad and mom had to check the fields for any clue.... At the end, we returned to our starting point.. the entrance of the school.

" Has anyone found anything?" Uncle Zayn asked.

" Nope" uncle Niall said

" My baby" my mom cried while my dad tried to console her.

" We'll find Blake, mum...just calm down" I said to her, trying to fight back the tears that were about to hit my cheeks.

While they kept wondering how to find Blake , an idea popped in my head.

" I'll be right back" i said then ran over to the one place we hadn't checked yet....the Janitor's closet.

At the door side, I noticed a familiar object on the ground and it seemed to be a device. Out of curiosity, I picked it up and immediately, I gasped.

" Guys!!!" I hollered to my family and they all ran over to me.

" What's it?" Uncle Liam asked and all I did was hold up the device for them to see and they all gasped.

" Is that...." Aunt Gemma trailed off and I nodded.

" Omg" my mom gasped then her tears increased.

" How did Blake's phone get there?" Uncle Louis asked.

" I...I don't know....but this can only mean one thing..." Uncle Zayn said.

" Yes...Blake must have been abducted by someone" I said.

" Oh no" Aunt Emma gasped.

" I'm calling the cops right now" Aunt Gemma got out her phone to phone the cops....

•••

Blake.

The smell of rotten wood filled my nostrils causing me to twitch my nose. I slowly tried to open up my eyes. At first, everything was blurry until I blinked a few times bringing all to sight clearly.

I tried to stretch out my body , only to find out that it was stuck. I looked down and saw myself being tied up to a chair. What the hell?

I struggled for a while to set myself free, which only resulted into futility and also causing me a pounding headache that was just about to rip my brain out.

" Help me!!!" I yelled out only to hear my echo in the small, disgusting room I was tied up in.

I heard footsteps approaching which only caused me to yell out more.

" Now, now, sweetie....I'm sure you don't want to pull the whole place down with your screams, cause nobody gonna hear you scream" a feminine voice said to me. I tried to see who had said that but the person was hidden in the dark mist.

" Who are you?" I managed to ask but only a loud chuckle from the unknown person was heard which scared me to death. I could hear the sound of my own heartbeat and I felt so uneasy, my hands were already sweaty and beads of sweat covered my face. All I just wanted was to wake up from this terrifying nightmare.

" Just show yourself!!!" I yelled out, surprised at my own boldness. Gradually the female came into light and my whole body froze and the sight of her. My mind clicked back to several years back and forth and all I could do was open my eyes widely as the woman looked at me directly in the eye.

" M....m....mom?"

" Hello sweetheart..."

••••

Melody pov

" So, that was what happened and now led us here" my dad explained to one of the cops on what had happened.

" Mr Styles, it seems in all your explanation and findings that your daughter has been kidnapped." The cop told him and all I could do was just pace back and forth because i couldn't just bear the thought of Blake being kidnapped. It was torturing me.

As the cop kept talking to my parents and the rest of my family, something lighted up in my brain and immediately, I walked over to the cop.

" Excuse me sir, there is something that can help us." I told the cop.

" What is it, darling?" He asked.

" The school's CCTV camera footage...maybe we can derive clues from it" my whole self filled up with hope.

" Alright, do you know where they are located?" He asked.

" Sure, they're all in the principal's office...I'll take you there" I said then he nodded then called on three other cops and then I led them over to the principal's office. Time to find some clues.