~ 42 ~

Blake POV

Two weeks had already passed and I couldn't be anymore happier, due to the fact that I was able to spend so much time with my family during this winter season. All thanks to my dad for coming up with so many ideas on what we could do to have fun together. During these weeks, Andrew had to travel over to Spain to visit his grandparents...Kid couldn't stop talking about how he missed them so much. Lol.

Back to present time... I was busy with my MacBook when I got an email from...my principal?

I clicked on the email and read its contents

Dear Blakely Styles

Your presence is being needed at the school's premises today. Please make it on time as we'll be needing you in about 30 minutes from now. Have a great day and happy holidays.

Signed

The management.

Wait a minute...WHAT?

Questions began flying in my head as I finished reading the email. Why would the principal need my presence during this period? Did I do something wrong? Why do the school need me?

This seemed so strange to me, cause never in my life have I heard of the school needing someone's presence during the festive season.

But it sure sounded important....

Immediately, I got out of bed and got dressed in some thick clothes that gave me so much warmth. I grabbed my purse and phone and walked out of my room then downstairs where my family where.

" Hey adorable, where are you heading to?" My dad asked, stopping me in my tracks.

" Hey Dad, I got an email from the school" I started.

" From the school?" My mom butted in and I nodded.

" Yeah, so they said they needed my presence today"

" Did you do something wrong?" Aunt Arielle asked.

" I don't think I have a bad record" I shook my head.

" That's weird" Melody said. " Why would the school need you?"

" I don't know but whatever it is, it sure sounded important" I shrugged.

" In that case, we should drop you off at school" my dad said.

" Don't worry dad, I can walk over to school, it isn't that far, y'know?" I said.

" Are you sure?" My mom asked.

" Affirmative... You guys should relax , school is just about 10 minutes away from here, so it's okay" I said then grabbed my gloves and beanie.

" Alright, baby be careful" my mom kissed my cheek.

" Are you with your phone?" Uncle Louis asked.

" Of course, I always have it in case of any emergency" I chuckled then walked out the door after saying goodbye to my family.

________

I got to school few minutes later and it sounded so quiet. I pushed through the huge glass doors then got into the serene building. It was a bit dark but some lights illuminated few hallways. I swallowed hard then walked slowly to the principal's office. Why do I feel like this is a bad idea?

" Hello?" I knocked on the door a few times but no answer. I opened the door and behold the principal wasn't on seat which was so strange. I began to freak out a little bit.

Maybe they should be in the conference room.

I walked over to the conference room and yeah, no one was there still. What is happening?

As I left the conference room, I began to hear a few footsteps which made me panic a little bit. I then made up my mind to leave. I ran over to the entrance and to my surprise, it was locked. What the....

" Hello?" I called out but no answer. I took out of my phone and tried to call my dad and unfortunately, I lost connection.

I could hear footsteps approaching me and I immediately ran over to the Janitor's room and closed myself in it. Who was in the school?

After a few minutes, I decided to step out of the janitor closet and run off to the back door, but immediately... I felt someone grab me from behind and put a handkerchief over my nose and mouth and I could smell chloroform. After struggling for a while, I felt darkness over me.

_______

An hour later

Melody POV

I sighed for the hundredth time....

" Mum, I've been trying to reach out to Blake but she isn't answering her phone" I sighed.

" That's strange...Blake always answers her phone" my dad said.

" Well...not now" I said.

" Try again" Aunt Gemma said.

" I've tried over 10 times and yet she isn't answering her phone and I've also texted her severally but she isn't replying... I have a bad feeling about this" I let out a deep breath.

" Are you sure about this?" My mom asked, taking out her phone from her back pocket. I could see that she was trying to call Blake or at least, text her.

" No reply" she said. " We've got to get to the school" she panicked then ran upstairs to grab the car keys then she ran back down, almost tripping but she was able to regain her stamina.

" We've got to get to the school" My dad said then everyone ran outside and got into separate cars.

" I'll take care of the kids" Grandma told us and we nodded .

" Let's go" My dad started the engine, allowing it to roar to life and then the cars were out of the driveway on the way to the school.