~17~

Blake

" Seriously?... Rule breaker?" I asked Zach.

" Yep" he nodded.

" What makes you think I broke a rule?" I asked.

" Uhh... You're here when you're meant to be in class now"

" So?"

" The principal occasionally brings in students who breaks the rule here when she's caught up with a lot of work"

" Why?" I asked.

" She believes that the 12 graders are so mature enough to watch those students making sure they behave" he explained.

" Oh... I see" I nod in understanding. " By the way, where's your teacher?" I asked.

" Our teacher's on a maternity leave so we're literally free for the moment" he smiled.

" Lucky"

He chuckled softly.

" Hey lostie" I bit my lips furiously, turned around and saw Andrew smiling at me.

" What do you want, Andrew?" I asked.

" So you're not even going to say hi?" He asked.

" Alright, hi... Now leave me alone" I rolled my eyes.

" Leave her alone Andrew, she ain't worth it" Lyla, who beside him spoke.

" Lyla!!!" Zach said.

" What is it, cousin?" She asked, twirling her hair around her finger.

" Don't speak about Blake like that" he cautioned her.

" And why is that? Don't tell me you're literally taking her side" Lyla said. I clenched my hands into a fist. I guess Zach noticed as he put his hand on mine.

Looking up at him, he gave me a look that literally said I should calm down.

" I'm just not going to argue with you right now , Lyla, because we're already in trouble" I calmly said.

" What a cowardly bitch" she mumbled.

" What did you say?" I asked.

" What?"

" I want you to just repeat what you just said" I said.

" Oh, you mean cowardly bitch" she repeated.

" Alright... That's it" I stood up about to hit her but was held back by Zach.

" Nope" he said.

" No Zach, leave me alone" I told him, trying to struggle away from his grip around my waist .

" Leave her alone to do her worst" Lyla said.

" Will you just shut up?" Andrew yelled at her.

" You too, Andrew?" She asked.

" You literally have no right to call Blake that" he told her. Wait...was he seriously defending me?.

" And why is that? She's such a nuisance" she yelled. Everyone's eyes were on us at this time and i didn't even care.

" Zach, your cousin is really getting out of hand" a girl stood up and said.

" Lyla, cut the crap" Zach told her angrily which made her to shut up.

I felt uneasy then released myself from Zach's grip.

" Blake?"

I stepped back then ran out of the class. I know I was being chased by Zach but I didn't even look back. Eventually, I ran into the janitor closet. I slipped down the door and let out angry tears even though I knew I wasn't supposed to be crying.