~29~

Blake

" So that's pretty much the test, time up class" Miss Joy announced to everyone then began to collect everyone's test papers.

She came over to me, gave me a small smile in which I returned the kind gesture then she collected my paper.

" Alright, class you'll get your results by the end of the week. Have a great day." As if on cue, the bell rang and all the students except Melody and I stayed behind.

" Miss Joy" I said to her then brought out the autograph from my backpack, handing it over to her.

" Omg, thank you so much... You don't know how much I'm so grateful." She thanked me gratefully.

" It's nothing, just being a good student to one of my favorite teachers" I smiled at her and she kindly returned the gesture. Afterwards, she excused us.

" So what do we have next?" Melody asked.

" Gym class" I shrugged then we walked into the girls locker room to get changed into our gym class outfit. Then we walked into the basketball court with the others.

" She's here" I heard someone say as Melody and I walked in. I mentally rolled my eyes then ignored whoever must have said that. I wasn't ready for the 'fans' .

" Hello" a feminine voice said to us. Turning around, I saw a familiar girl.

" Hi?" I responded. I looked over at Melody and saw that her face had already turned from pale to red rosy cheeks.

" I'm Stacey" . Then it reoccurred to me, Melody's crush.

" Blake and this is my friend, Melody" I smiled.

" Hi Melody" Stacey greeted her with a sweet smile and all Melody could do was stare like an idiot. I pinched her side unnoticed, which brought her back to reality.

" H..hey" she stuttered. Seriously, girl?

" It's nice to meet you two" Stacey said.

" Yeah, same here" I nodded then looked around the court.

" If you're looking for the gym teacher, he isn't around at the moment" Stacey informed us.

" Why's Mr Nate absent?" Melody asked like a normal person.

" I heard he called in sick today...oh and he also appointed a substitute"

" A substitute?" I asked and she nodded.

" Wonder who the substitute might be" I mumbled. 

Suddenly, the whole court went silent as the door to the court opened and a familiar face walked in.

" Zach?" Melody whispered to me. My eyes grew wide as he came in. Not that I wasn't happy he was in the court, I was just surprised he'd be the substitute.

" Hello class" he greeted, looking at everyone's faces and when we made eye contact, a smile crept on his face making my stomach itchy.

I noticed some girls fangirling over him. Some were giving him googly eyes, trying to get his attention. All this made me wanna laugh but thanks to the self control I had , I withheld myself from bursting out into laughter.

" So, as some of y'all would know, Mr Nate isn't feeling well today, so I'll be standing in as his substitute today" Zach told us.

" So for today's class, we'll playing dodgeball, cause that's what Mr Nate said y'all should do today" he informed everyone. " So you'll all be divided into two teams, so if you hear your name on a team, you move it and no complaints, understood?"

Everyone mumbled a yeah then Zach began calling out the names. Eventually, I belonged to a team where Lyla was, while Stacey and Melody stayed on the other team. Somebody kill me now.

" Hey" Lyla smiled at me. Even though I knew it was fake , I smiled back cause I didn't want to appear rude or whatever . Treat people with kindness, people.

" So everyone grab a dodgeball and at the sound of the whistle, you begin and anyone who gets hit by the ball gets to be eliminated from their teams" Zach instructed.

We all picked out a dodgeball each. Then Zach blew the whistle that hung around his neck and everyone began to play.

At the beginning, few people got eliminated. Well, that was fast.

We continued to play until eventually, Lyla and I remained on my team, while Stacey and a boy were left.

The boy threw the dodgeball at Lyla but she was lucky enough to dodge it fast, she then picked up a ball and threw it at him, hitting him in the thigh and unfortunately still, it bounced and hit Stacey.

" Oops" I covered my mouth then Zach blew the final whistle.

" Team Lyla and Blake, wins" he announced and the rest of the students clapped for us. I watched as Lyla celebrated with the rest of her friends while walked to mine.

" Good game" Stacey told me as she gave me a hug, Melody doing the same.

" Thanks guys" I panted.

" Alright students, it's time for break, go get changed and go for your break" Zach told everyone then we all began to leave the court, until...

" Blake, wait" Zach called out to me. I excused my friends then walked back to the 'coach'.

" What's up?" I asked.

" You played well, to be honest" he started.

" Thanks, I never really knew I was good in dodgeball judging from the fact, that I've been homeschooled almost all my life" I said.

" Well, you're so good at it." He winked and should I say it kinda made my stomach flutter.

" So, why did Mr Nate choose you to be his substitute?" I asked.

" I guess I should say, I'm one of his best students that's why I had the privilege to be your substitute" he smiled.

" Okay, what about Andrew?" I asked, suddenly remembering the moron.

" You love asking a questions, don't ya? Anyways, Andrew's in the library" he told me.

" Why?"

" You know our final exams are coming up soon, so the kid's getting prepared" he told me.

" Ahhhhh, I see" I nodded in understanding.

" Why do you ask anyways?"

" Nothing, I was just wondering why he wasn't with you , judging from the fact, that you guys are always together" I said.

" Yeah, we're pretty close, we're more or less brothers" he smiled.

" That's nice" I nodded with a smile.

" C'mon, let's leave here so that I don't delay you" he said.

" It's okay, I don't really have any class after break, so I guess imma head out to the library too" I told him.

" Maybe I'll meet you there too" he said .

" No prob" I chuckled then we both left the court and went our different ways.

***

Belle - I can't believe I wrote this out in the middle of lecture. I hope you enjoyed it anyways. Don't forget to vote and comment my loves.