Chapter 99

This child...is the liege lord!?, everyone thought as Sieglinde Sullivan was carried to the group by a large German man with sideburns. He leaned in close to Sebastian's face abruptly and his face contorted into a disturbingly, hideous glare.

"And from whence do you hail, peon?" the man asked in German. "Hnn?"

"Yes, well." Sebastian replied, ready to explain, but the little girl smacked the German man upside his head.

"D'OW!"

"Enough, Wolfram." Sieglinde scolded before looking at the group. "Excuse us. It has been quite some time since we last had visitors in the village. Moreover..."

As she trailed off, she looked over at Ciel from head to toe for a long time. Red's eye began to twitch in irritation as the young girl ogled at her lover. However, Ciel was completely oblivious to what was currently going on.

Wh-What is it?, he thought to himself.

Wolfram cleared his throat before saying, "I don't know how you managed to reach us, but here in our village of 'Wolfs-schlucht', outsiders are not welcome to stay. Now that we're clear, go back to where you came from!"

"Best to retreat and consider alternative approaches, I think." Ciel whispered to his butler.

"Yes, sir." The demon responded before ushering the group back and responding to Wolfram. "Very well. Then we will take our lea-"

"Wait!!" Wolfram yelled, causing the other armed women to point their weapons at the group, causing them to look over at him. "You and your party don't seem to understand how fortunate you are to have passed through the forest unscathed."

"What do you mean?" Sebastian asked.

"Surely you must have heard the tales! About the noble wolfman who protects the forest!"

"Then this is indeed the witches' village under the protection of the wolfman. Is that right?"

Everyone was silent for a moment before one of the women villagers spoke up.

"Herr Wolfram, these people are dangerous! Having them here is a risk! Especially with bringing another witch! We must finish them off at o-"

"Wait!" Sieglinde yelled at the woman before whispering into Wolfram's ear, causing his eyes to widen.

"My lady, that is-" he started before being interrupted.

"Do you refuse to do as I bid?"

"...Ja..." Wolfram nodded before looking at the group. "Listen well. If you head back into the forest now, darkness will fall before you make it out. The forest at night is far too perilous a place. Safe passage through the forest a second time cannot be guaranteed...no. You'll never be able to leave its confines again. So...we will make an exception and permit you all to stay the night."