Chapter 77

A housemaster is a master who lives in a public school dormitory and provides the students of the house with guidance. Starting with the housemasters, the four houses of Weston College have a handful of employees- housemothers, who manage the running of the houses; cooks, who prepare the meals; and footmen, who serve at table. However, housemasters are the only teaching staff among them. In the morning, housemasters go to the school building along with the students and teach classes on the subjects of which they are in charge. At night, they return to their houses along with the students, and in their free time, they review the work of those who wish to study.

Rarely, they have an assistant to help with their teachings when they are caught behind in their work. The assistant also helps the students with guidance and tutoring, if requested, but leave the grading of the work to the housemaster.

In short, a housemaster is a demanding profession, in which one must devote the better part of one's day to one's students.

"And yet, despite that..." Sebastian concluded his explanation of his housemaster duties to Red, who decided to tag along and see if he required any help in regards to whether or not she should teach his class again. "...when it comes to the young master..."

In Sebastian's hand was chores needed to be done for Clayton by Ciel that Ciel wanted Sebastian to do. Such as "Organise Clayton's bookshelves!", "A button's come undone from Clayton's jacket. Sew it back on!", and "Make golden syrup sponge pudding for Clayton's afternoon snack today! ...That goes for me too!"

Letting out a sigh, Sebastian opened the door to Clayton's room while saying, "He accepts all manner of errands too readily because he thinks he can have me take care of them..."

Needless to say, despite the mess Red has seen at Undertaker's shop, Clayton's room was filthy. Red looked at Sebastian worriedly before he dashed off with his demonic speed around the room.

"I too!" The bookshelves were organized.

"Am!" Clayton's jacket was fixed.

"Busy!!" The snack was prepared.

Looking around the room now, it was about as clean as the Phantomhive manor was.

"I expect this is good enough...?"

"Definitely." Red nodded in awe.

"Now, I must be off to the school building to teach the first-formers. Ah, so busy, so busy." Sebastian nodded, swaying his cape behind him as he walked away. Only to be stopped by Red. "Miss Red?"

Smiling, she said, "Why don't you let me teach the first-formers today and you can go relax and grade papers or attend to tutoring the other students? You've been working too hard."

"You just want to mess with the young master for being unreasonable again, don't you?" he bluntly asked.

"You know me too well." She grinned as she walked off towards the direction of the classroom.