Chapter 94

(Red's POV)

How...How did it get to this...?, I thought as I stared at the front doors to the Phantomhive manor in front of me. More importantly, why did I even agree to this!?

My mind flashed back to a few days ago where Ciel took care of all the taxes to my father's shop then requesting I work for him in repayment.

Right...how idiotic of me to forget...I'm sure this will be fine! How bad can it possibly be?

Before I could knock, the doors opened to reveal Sebastian giving a closed-eyed smile down at me.

"Ah, Miss Red. How wonderful that you've arrived on time." Sebastian said before the sound of an explosion echoed around the whole manor, followed by shouts and glass shattering.

...Maybe I can still turn back...

"Right this way, if you would, please." The demon continued as he ushered me inside before I could plan my escape.

"Thank you." I nodded as I stumbled inside with my large suitcase. "Is Ciel busy like the last time I visited?"

"Actually, the young master was awaiting your arrival like the other servants."

"Mister Sebastian!!!" a string of voices screamed from further into the manor, causing the tall butler to sigh in frustration.

"Do excuse me, Miss Red. I'll take care of the mess then fetch the young master. Please wait here." Was all he said before hurrying off before I could reply.

I looked around the room I was in for a few minutes before sounds of footsteps echoed down the stairs, followed by quiet bickering. I moved back to the front and looked up at the stairs to see Ciel and Sebastian walking down, making me smile.

"Hi. Thank you again so much for helping me, hopefully I won't mess up anything around here." I greeted, feeling awkward.

"I'm sure it won't be as bad as the other servants." Ciel replied as he walked up to me. "Starting tomorrow, Sebastian will guide you around the manor and give you your list of duties. For now, Miss Hopkins has delivered your uniform."

"Uniform?"

"You are a maid here after all, Miss Red. Not to mention, you will also be representing the Phantomhive manor like the other servants and I." Sebastian replied as he smirked at me.

"O-Okay..." I replied. Please don't be any of Nina's new designs. Please don't be any of Nina's new designs.

I followed after the two upstairs and down a couple hallways to a room where it looked like it belonged to a tailor. Ciel sat at one of the chairs on one side of the room while Sebastian pushed me towards a closed off space where I would be changing.