Chapter 10

The people of London gathered around on the frozen river, Thames. Most people were enjoying their time at the frost fair. Children ice skated or looked at all the toys being sold in different tents. Adults wandered around each shop, some buying things, selling items or just simply looking around. While everyone is enjoying their time, a certain boy and his butler wandered the area.

"I'm told this is the first frost fair on this scale to be held on the frozen Thames at the foot of the London Bridge since the year 1814." Ciel, who was wrapped in a parka coat, said to his butler.

A few tents nearby, a certain red head was skipping and sliding around the ice as she searched for her adopted father.

"Well it's almost Ciel's birthday!" a voice exclaimed causing the girl to nearly fall from shock.

'That almost sounds like...Oh! It's his fiancée! ...What was her name again...?' Red began to walk in thought until she suddenly bumped into the girl she overheard.

"I'm terribly sorry miss! I didn't look where I was going!" Red apologized as she bowed.

"It's quite alright, I myself wasn't looking." The girl's cheerful voice spoke up.

When Red looked up to meet the girl's gaze, only one thought travelled around her mind.

'So...much...PINK!'

After gaining over her sudden surprise, Red smiled and held out her hand to the girl. "I apologise for my rudeness, my name is Red. What might be yours?"

"I'm Elizabeth Ethel Cordelia Midford. It's a pleasure to meet you miss Red!" Elizabeth gave a closed eyed smile as she shook the girl's hand.

"Please, just Red, 'miss' makes me feel too old."

"Then please call me Lizzie!" Lizzie said as her maid softly nudged her shoulder as if to remind her why they were here. "Oh! I'm in a bit of a rush to buy a present. Might I ask what your opinion would be the best gift to get?"

Red furrowed her eyebrows in thought for a moment until her smile returned to her face, "How about a memory from when you were children? Certainly, they would love it if you put so much thought in it for them."

Lizzie's face lighted up with happiness when she thought of an idea as she grabbed Red's hand and began to drag her to a certain tent.

"Our aunt used to sing us a cute little tune when we would play together. I'm sorry for asking much, but I would like for you to help me find a certain music box. Is that alright?"

Red nodded her head with a smile as both girls looked around a tent filled with music boxes, until Red showed Lizzie a certain box. When she opened it, it began to play the tune of "London Bridge is Falling Down".

"Red, this is perfect! Thank you!" Lizzie squealed as she hugged the poor girl in a death grip.