Chapter 9

The night was gloomier than usual in Undertaker's eyes. Ever since his daughter left the shop, he had a terrible feeling stirring in his stomach...or it could have been the biscuits he accidentally burnt. He turned his head to where the clock stood and saw that only a few hours have passed.

"Where could she be?" he asked.

Just as he said that, the door to his shop slammed open. Undertaker raced to the bottom floor to see the butler and master he knew well, his gaze went to the figure that laid limp in the boy's arms. Ciel opened his mouth to explain what had happened, but Undertaker ran straight at him and grabbed the girl from his arms. The boy looked frightened to death as the man looked at his daughter with a frown.

Undertaker turned around and began to walk to the back of his shop, he only muttered, "Leave."

Ciel was about to object until he felt a hand on his shoulder. Looking up, he saw his butler nodding his head, knowing that they should listen to the man's order. Both males turned and left through the door.

Undertaker sighed as he looked at the girl in his arms, "What am I going to do with you, dear?"

Timeskip

Bells began to ring as three young children ran by. Two of the younger children stopped to look at the people entering the church, the older child stopped and walked back to them.

"Big brother, there sure are lots of people at the church over there, huh? Why?" asked the younger boy.

"Dunno."

"Big brother is big, but he doesn't know?"

"Are you a dummy?" asked their younger sister.

"Wha-!? I'm only twelve, so I don't hafta know!" exclaimed the oldest brother.

"Yes, quite right." Said a voice behind them, they turned to see Undertaker smiling, "It makes peeeerfect sense for a child to not know. Heehee! You see, today, they are holding a certain noblewoman's gala."

"Gala...?" questioned the oldest brother.

"Yes. The last, grandest ceremony of her life. Her funeral."

In the church, people sat weeping and frowning as Madam Red was dressed in white in a coffin filled with white flowers. Lau sat there with a saddened look on his face as Elizabeth walked to the coffin and placed a white flower inside.

"Aunt An..." Elizabeth mumbled with tears in her eyes.

Her eyes widened as the church door opened, people began to murmur when she turned around to see Ciel holding a red dress. People murmured more as he walked down the aisle with no emotion on his face. He stopped once he reached the coffin and sat next to it as he placed the red dress over the woman inside.